Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi!

I wanted to ask you How to make a perfect bend with many shapes. What I mean is this:

CmKzp5O.png

This is a tail with bend on the X axis. Looks right, but this happens when I make it on the Y axis:

VGOiFVZ.png

Same thing with Z axis. Well, I was just looking for a solution. This tail have just 2 shapes, and both shapes have the same anchor point (I don't know if i said this right).

But, my final question is:

How to make a perfect bend on every axis in a part that is conformed by many diferent shapes?

Sorry for My English...

Edited by CanIIA

You can't not use positioning for those parts, you have to use the pivot offset. Position must be all 0 and then work with the pivot tool. 

Then a big notice, if you enable more axis then 1 to bend you have to enable all, so that the settings of the bending you made are going to be kept in the model. 

Weird, I know, I wish I was there to help you out, but sadly it's like this. Could send you some pictures per PM maybe to help out. 

On 4/29/2022 at 1:33 AM, Fox Miner said:

You can't not use positioning for those parts, you have to use the pivot offset. Position must be all 0 and then work with the pivot tool. 

Then a big notice, if you enable more axis then 1 to bend you have to enable all, so that the settings of the bending you made are going to be kept in the model. 

Weird, I know, I wish I was there to help you out, but sadly it's like this. Could send you some pictures per PM maybe to help out. 

I didn't use positioning, I always use pivote offset: every shape has the same rotation point but some are moved with pivot offset..

Thanks a lot Fox Miner, again 🙃

On 4/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, CanIIA said:

I didn't use positioning, I always use pivote offset: every shape has the same rotation point but some are moved with pivot offset..

Thanks a lot Fox Miner, again 🙃

Did you rotade the shapes? Try not rotating them, or play around with Bending offset and so

On 4/21/2022 at 11:26 PM, CanIIA said:

Hi!

I wanted to ask you How to make a perfect bend with many shapes. What I mean is this:

CmKzp5O.png

This is a tail with bend on the X axis. Looks right, but this happens when I make it on the Y axis:

VGOiFVZ.png

Same thing with Z axis. Well, I was just looking for a solution. This tail have just 2 shapes, and both shapes have the same anchor point (I don't know if i said this right).

But, my final question is:

How to make a perfect bend on every axis in a part that is conformed by many diferent shapes?

Sorry for My English...

I had the same problem while making a tall hair for Blue Card

I was trying to make the hair look more wavy instead of it being simply a block so I did that by adding more parts to the hair

278991721-818866909075886-63363072597059

While I was moving the bend some parts were moving away from each other

I tried to replace these parts and add them in the texture of the hair itself 

I still don't know how to do it but I guess that's the only solution for the problem

In your case I think you should add the white part to the texture of the tail in photoshop itself 

I mean that you should paint the tail in photoshop so it's only 1 part but with 2 different colors

I'm not so good at explaining things in English but I'm trying😅

I hope that helps 

Have a great day and good luck ! :D 

On 5/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, TheToastedIron said:

I was trying to make the hair look more wavy instead of it being simply a block so I did that by adding more parts to the hair

I still don't know how to do it but I guess that's the only solution for the problem

In your case I think you should add the white part to the texture of the tail in photoshop itself 

I mean that you should paint the tail in photoshop so it's only 1 part but with 2 different colors

I hope that helps 

Thanks bro!! Good idea!!

Yeah, I have to make a texture, thanks.

I know I could have made a "bend" dividing the part into many little parts, but I don't want it to be like that, kinda rocky. I wanted to make it smooth.

Thanks a lot, i'm to dumb with textures...

On 5/4/2022 at 11:25 PM, TheToastedIron said:

I hope that helps 

Add me on discord i can help u Gravy#9102