Mortality Model Update - A Game Developed with Mine-Imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello!

Sorry I've been a tad quiet lately, I've been working on perfecting the new character models for a new, upcoming game, Mortality!

Of course, with using the base Minecraft model, there is the threat of Microsoft taking some form of copyright action. I believe I've just about perfected the base model, and now I'm moving on to the final two variants of the humanoid models. I actually have a completely working build with combat and movements with the basic Minecraft models, but now it's time to reanimate each character with these brand new models. Wish me luck!

In the future, I'll definitely be showing the huge difference in the way characters look now, vs before. With the new models, characters will have much more detailed movements and unique distinctions based on their gender! Plus, characters will have a huge number of ways to show emotions in not only their facial expression, but their body movements as well!

Here's a preview of the new model!

Spoiler

j7nt6OY.png

Follow me here or on Twitter to stay updated on Mortality's development! 

What the heck is Mortality?

Everything you need to know can be found here!

Edited by Correen

On 1/20/2022 at 4:08 PM, XxCherryBlossomxX said:

Now that's a stylistic model. It looks like a human male that is fit to fight. 

I assume that you are working with a high res model?

Thank you! Fighting will absolutely be a huge part of the game. In order to stay consistent with the environment, characters will be using using lower-res textures!

On 1/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, Correen said:

Thank you! Fighting will absolutely be a huge part of the game. In order to stay consistent with the environment, characters will be using using lower-res textures!

Low res? I assume that you scaled cubes to give more shape to the character model?

On 1/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, XxCherryBlossomxX said:

Low res? I assume that you scaled cubes to give more shape to the character model?

Exactly! They will definitely have more pixelated textures. A higher resolution texture would definitely look out of place with the terrain and objects; all of which are made with pixel art! I'll be sure to answer more questions in the future, but I can't spill all the details just yet. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, Correen said:

Exactly! They will definitely have more pixelated textures. A higher resolution texture would definitely look out of place with the terrain and objects; all of which are made with pixel art! I'll be sure to answer more questions in the future, but I can't spill all the details just yet. 

I do my models like that too. Except I don't really scale the cubes per say. Well, scale as in reduce the pixels by using the UV mapper to make the cube smaller.