Accepting Train model requests (CLOSED)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So for the upcoming REvO-5: Modern Railway model pack, I'm accepting Train models request until the first weekend of February 2022.

Requirements:

1. Any kind of train and types. Diesel, electric, locomotives, freighters, passenger car, American, European, Japanese, anything.
  2. Real life reference (based on real thing, not a concept art)
  3. Simple and "low-poly" looking models (no modern Shinkansen, or any models that has smooth curvy design)
  4. Real name including the manufacturer/operators or model numbers, 3-view drawings would be very helpful
  5. Dimensions like length, width, and height in metric will be used as model ratio
  6. Technical data (track gauge width, engine information, coupler mechanism, etc) would be very helpful too

Models I've done and released

Spoiler

JR 205 Series

Download

jr205nambu1.png

JR KiHa 110 Series

Download

kiha110.png

In development model (WIP):

NONE - REQUEST CLOSED.

Request model completed:

Spoiler

1. JR 123 Series | Requested by Nixette

2022_jan_5_jr123.png

2. GM EMD SD40-2 | Requested by @Ethaniel

unknown.png

3. UTDC ICTS Mark I | Requested by @Joe Sterham

2022_feb_1_icts_mk1_e2.png

4. NFTA LRV | Requested by @AdventZro

2022_feb_9_nfta_2e2.png

Join the Discord Server

All requested models has been released, take me to the post.

Edited by niam

On 1/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, Fox Miner said:

Boy I love your Website, so nice to work with!

and the rig, I don't think I even need to say how cool it is!

Thanks, but I was expecting a model request.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:16 PM, niam said:

no, please read the whole post/topic :steve_rage:

Well, I am officially Stupid. HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT!? :facepalm:

Well than a Train...

What about the "Roco 70271 Dampflok"

Full Name or at least the model name for a... Model that you can buy... "Roco 70271 Dampflok 26.101 SNCB PFT-TSP H0"

roco-70271-dampflok-serie-26-sncb-dc-ana

Too much? I think this might be a big project with all that detail, think you can handle it?

Edited by Fox Miner

Spoiler
On 1/4/2022 at 6:33 PM, Fox Miner said:

Well, I am officially Stupid. HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT!? :facepalm:

Well than a Train...

What about the "Roco 70271 Dampflok"

Full Name or at least the model name for a... Model that you can buy... "Roco 70271 Dampflok 26.101 SNCB PFT-TSP H0"

roco-70271-dampflok-serie-26-sncb-dc-ana

Too much? I think this might be a big project with all that detail, think you can handle it?

Steam engine locomotives are relic of the past, its not suitable for the title "Modern Railway" and its also complicated to animate such undercarriages. I can do this model but for a free request... complicated mechanism is not worth it. So, no.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:11 PM, niam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Steam engine locomotives are relic of the past, its not suitable for the title "Modern Railway" and its also complicated to animate such undercarriages. I can do this model but for a free request... complicated mechanism is not worth it. So, no.

Yeah, understandable! Though it would be awesome to see something like that... What if I do it myself? Well that's going to be a pain in the butt, but I can try.

BTW, you do modern Trains... no kind of futuristic trains like a Hover Train or so?
I am just asking!

On 1/4/2022 at 7:19 PM, Fox Miner said:

Yeah, understandable! Though it would be awesome to see something like that... What if I do it myself? Well that's going to be a pain in the butt, but I can try.

BTW, you do modern Trains... no kind of futuristic trains like a Hover Train or so?
I am just asking!

you do what you can do!

futuristic train.... hover train... well Maglev exist but its too curvy, no, i won't make it

On 1/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, niam said:

you do what you can do!

futuristic train.... hover train... well Maglev exist but its too curvy, no, i won't make it

Okay, then I give up! I have no Idea, well good luck with the coming requests!

Would you be able to make the 1985 UTDC ICTS Mark I in the Translink red/blue livery?

skytrain2.jpg

The wiki page lists all the dimensions and there are countless photos of it for reference.

Rail system (track gauge: 1,435 mm, or (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyTrain_(Vancouver) 

Train car (12.70m long, 2.50m wide, 3.1m high) (roughly 41.7ft, 8.2ft, 10.2ft,)  - dimensions vary between websites

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/British_Columbia_Rapid_Transit_Company_300/400_series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyTrain_rolling_stock#UTDC_ICTS_Mark_I

Thanks!

Edited by Joe Sterham

I have a suggestion for yous for the next train rig. this is the NFTA metro rail. Interior and exterior. Like most like light rain the cars as well as the train itself are the same in the front as well as the back. I may have gone crazy finding these images but I want to at least get my request across.?

Light rail (American)

Track length: 6.4 mi (10.3 km)

Track gauge: 4 ft 8+1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge

Electrification: 650 V DC from overhead catenary

Operating speed: 50 mph (80 km/h)

The NFTA has a fleet of 27 (originally 29) rigid-bodied (non-articulated) LRVs for the Metro Rail system, numbered sequentially from 101 to 127. They were built in 1983 by the Japan Transport Engineering Company (Japanese: 株式会社総合車両製作所 Kabushiki-gaisha Sōgō Sharyō Seisakusho).[16] The cars' body shell design is notably similar to that of the earlier articulated US Standard Light Rail Vehicle, whose shells were also fabricated by Tokyu Car Corp. for Boeing Vertol. The cars have a maximum service speed of 50 miles per hour (80 km/h), but trains run at 15 miles per hour (24 km/h) in the above-ground section of the line. There are three sliding doors on each side of each LRV; these doors can be opened by passengers by push buttons on the outside wall of the train when trains are stopped at stations on the above-ground section of the line. However, in practice, train operators typically open all doors and extend all the retractable staircases at all above-stations.5ef23c764e498.image.jpg?crop=1662,935,262560px-Interior_of_a_Buffalo_Metro_Rail_EMaNj8oXYAElpAI.jpg6094510fe1f98.image.jpg?resize=1024,6826674750811_5525326a55_b.jpgimg-buffalo-light-rail-train.jpg?h=710&l800px-Buffalo,_New_York-02.jpg

Spoiler

On 1/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, Joe Sterham said:

Would you be able to make the 1985 UTDC ICTS Mark I in the Translink red/blue livery?

skytrain2.jpg

The wiki page lists all the dimensions and there are countless photos of it for reference.

Rail system (track gauge: 1,435 mm, or (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyTrain_(Vancouver) 

Train car (12.70m long, 2.50m wide, 3.1m high) (roughly 41.7ft, 8.2ft, 10.2ft,)  - dimensions vary between websites

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/British_Columbia_Rapid_Transit_Company_300/400_series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyTrain_rolling_stock#UTDC_ICTS_Mark_I

Thanks!

is this the correct drawing? at least close enough.
from https://transittoronto.ca/subway/5107.shtml

ttc-icts-schematic.png

On 1/20/2022 at 5:56 PM, niam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

is this the correct drawing? at least close enough.
from https://transittoronto.ca/subway/5107.shtml

ttc-icts-schematic.png

It's close but if you look at the references I showed you here and in discord, the car is slightly longer and some front parts and side parts are different from the said diagram. Other than that it's pretty close