Mortality Logo - A Game Developed with Mine-Imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello!

It's been a long time my friends; a very, very long time. And it's great to be back!

dKh8pDH.png

What the heck is Mortality?

Mortality is an upcoming action/adventure role playing game that takes heavy inspirations from games like Undertale, Deltarune, and the Batman: Arkham series! Featuring a wide cast of characters, detailed plot, and an entirely original soundtrack, I'm hoping Mortality will be a life changing experience, in the same way that the previously mentioned games were for millions of others.

You're probably wondering; how does Mine-Imator come into game development? Mortality needed to be complex in its character movements. With my limited artistic skills and resources, this was impossible... Until I learned that Mine-Imator can render animations into sprites. Suddenly, an endless world of possibilities opened up! I could create any character with any animation! Thanks to Mine-Imator, I could even create the promotional material like the logo you see here!

As the sole developer, I've been hard at work on this project for the last year, making sure that core mechanics and fundamentals all run smoothly. I don't want to give too much info away, but I'm so excited to finally be publicly announcing its development! Be on the lookout for more teasers and promos to come soon! Because trust me, they're coming soon. Feel free to follow the links on my homepage to see any updates!

Who the heck are you?

Spoiler

Many years ago, I joined the forums as a young, aspiring animator just starting high school. Now, I've graduated college with a bachelor's in computer science and have been in game development for years. I did leave the forums, but I never left Mine-Imator. It always had a place in my heart, and I firmly believe it always will. I was pretty good at animating and I was once acquaintances with SKIBBZ. Not sure if he's still active/relevant, but I loved his animations.

I began game development in high school, and tried learning as best as I could.

And I did!

I began developing several different projects; but after weeks and months of developing each one, I ran into different issues. Oh no, the code foundation isn't strong enough! Oh no, my spaghetti code written months ago is hard to understand now! Oh no, I've lost the motivation to work on this project. But in 2019, something happened. There was a traumatizing event and it left its mark. In what felt like the hardest, most depressing time of my life, I saw something one day...

I saw the thumbnail of a posing, androgynous, black and white robot??? Is that a boy or girl? Why is it smiling? I dunno! So I clicked it.

And it changed everything.

I had just discovered Undertale.

Again, it's great to be back guys!

Edited by Correen

On 12/29/2021 at 9:41 AM, Green Z studios said:

What do you mean with "Mine-Imator can render animations into sprites"

Mine-Imator is able to render each frame of an animation as an image. When I realized this, I knew that I could create character animations using it!