Trying to import a large world, any tips / methods to do so, or is it not possible?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Recently, I've made a 2k by 2k mountainous map for a christmas animation, though, as it's so big, I can't import it. I tried to split it into tiles of 512 by 512 blocks, but while I could import it, I couldn't load the project after reopening mine-imator the next day. I also had a large performance drop loading all the tiles, So only some tiles could be visible at a time. I would try splitting the animation into scenes, and each scene only has the tiles it requires, but I was really after a shot of the entire map near the end, which scenes wouldn't help there. Also, there would be gaps in the background if only some tiles were loaded in, which bugs me. I tried using the amulet editor to save the entire map and import it into blender or mine-imator, but the file is in the construction format, which I didn't see either work with. I looked for posts online of people attempting the same thing, but I couldn't find a single one. Is there any way I could try to import it into mine-imator, or any tips to optimize the world? Or is what I'm after just not possible?

Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

It's kinda strange. Right now I try to import a 565302225 blocks and it import easily. How much blocks does your scenery takes? 

Now I try to import 2 billion blocks and it's get stuck for ~two minutes, but after that it's get imported. Perfomance don't get really low for me after that. aMYOolgnrVc.jpg?size=398x73&quality=96&s

On 12/26/2021 at 5:34 PM, Morugar said:

It's kinda strange. Right now I try to import a 565302225 blocks and it import easily. How much blocks does your scenery takes? 

Now I try to import 2 billion blocks and it's get stuck for ~two minutes, but after that it's get imported. Perfomance don't get really low for me after that. aMYOolgnrVc.jpg?size=398x73&quality=96&s

The amount I tried to import was 1.07 billion blocks, (2048 x 2048 x 256) including air blocks. After a while it gives me an error saying it failed to allocate around 2 Gb of memory, which I have way more in ram, 16 Gb, and disk space, over a terabyte

Edited by robotrocket1
To include more detail