How to make a outline Effect (Sticker Effect)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Lq5lnBP.png

Hello and welcome back to another Tutorial by Fox Miner

N9Kr7vA.png

For this one you will need a Program called Paint.net!
Link: https://www.dotpdn.com/files/paint.net.4.3.4.install.anycpu.web.zip

And make sure to have all the tools on the right upper corner unlocked for better usage!
UkOvO03.png

1.  Open Paint.net with your Image to that you want to add the Effect.
    Then Duplicate the Layer

dwEcB8D.png

2. Select the second Layer and then open the Hue / Saturation Settings

WJ2KNcl.png

3. Lower the Lightness to "0" and then press "Okay"!
    You can see the process that has been made in the lower right corner in the Layers Tab
    It made the lower duplicate Black!

TdCkK73.png

4. Now we can continue with the outline Effect! Just open the "Effects" Tab and then open the "Stylize" Tab and then Select "Outline"! And put the "Lightness" to "-100"
    At this point you might wonder why just don't do that at the begin, well if you do that, the whole picture will change colour and shape!

6ahr0tQ.png

5. Now Pull the "Intensity" up to "100" and play with the "Thickness" till you get the best look!

bpbbwuD.png

6. Select the upper Layer and then Press the "Merge Layer Down" Button in the Layers Tab and then just Save the Image!

6DHaeWM.png

And that is how you do it with Fox Miner Logic hope it helped and hoped you got along with this!
Until next time!

N9Kr7vA.png

Edited by Fox Miner

On 12/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, niam said:

ah yes, good old trick.

or you can just download and install "outline object" plugin for Paint.net which has more settings to play with :steve_wink:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/4923-outline-object/

Well that's Niams logic way!

My way of doing it is I duplicate the same image then make the second image a plan color by going toward Hue/Saturation, go to the Distort section and select the Morphology option and mess around with the width and height (linked) and I make sure it's "Dilate" so it can expand.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, FOXY TOONS said:

My way of doing it is I duplicate the same image then make the second image a plan color by going toward Hue/Saturation, go to the Distort section and select the Morphology option and mess around with the width and height (linked) and I make sure it's "Dilate" so it can expand.

Well, and that's Foxy TOONS logic, there you have it, that's what the forums are for, to show the most easy ways there are! Thanks guys!