30 Mine-Imator 2.0 Features Update Part 04?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1. Cursor Zoom in and Out.
    When Zooming on the Viewport, It's better when it have an Option to Zoom on the Mouse Cursor for the main Directions.
    So Whenever the Mouse Cursor is in the Viewport Screen, It only Zoom in or Out just on the Mouse Cursor.
  2. Manual Insert Keyframes.
    An Option to be able to Manually insert keyframes when needed, Not Auto Inserted Keyframes.
  3. Shift for Slower Actions.
    Such as Rotating, Grabbing, Scaling an Object with Shift + (etc), The Action will became Slower for more Accuracy Valuing.
  4. Snapped Object Navigation.
    In Viewport, We can Snapped an Object Navigation to one of the XYZ's Axis By Holding the Middle Mouse Button, Just like in Blender.
  5. In Program Assets.
    The ability to store all the imported Assets such as Textures, Mimodels, Miobjects, etc in Mine-Imator Assets Tab, Without needing to open a File Explorer to import one by one Assets.
  6. Snapped Viewport View.
    An Ability to Snap the Viewports view to Front-Side-Top-Bottom View by clicking the one of the Numpad Buttons.
  7. Auto Focus On Selected Objects.
    When in Viewports are full with bunch of Object, Scenery, etc. To Faster Focus on the Selected Objects can be done by Pressing the Shortcut key to Change the Viewport Views into Zoom In, And the Selected Objects are now Seenable, and ready to play with.
  8. X Rays.
    In Viewport, We can turn on the X Rays Render Mode to Faster Working, And Also X Rays that can became Render Mode so we can Render a Videos, or Images with X Rays turned On.
  9. 3D XYZ Axis.
    In Viewport it has a blank Flat Greeny World with no XYZ's Axis on the view, So maybe it's better to add an XYZ's Axis Guide for Easier Work when in Example When Scaling an Objects that have no Axis Guide Accept those Colored Lines, With XYZ Axis Guide, It can be Easier for Humans to Identify wich Directions the Scale would be.
  10. Objects Snapped Navigations.
    Snapped Object Navigations By these Following Examples:
    G+X= For Grabbing on X Axis.
    R+Y= For Rotating on Y Axis.
    S=Z= For Scaling on Z Axis.
  11. Advanced Custom Light Source.
    The Ability to custom a light source brightness such as a spotlight, or point light just like Sun light source did in Mine-Imator.
  12. Animate Parenting Keyframes.
    Ability to Animate Parenting Properties,. 
  13. Parenting Shortcuts.
    Parenting an Object just with Ctrl+P Shortcuts, So no need to go onto the Properties Tab, or the Timeline Tabs Anymore. Just with Shortcuts.
  14. High Quality Render mode shortcuts.
    Ctrl+R for High Quality Rendering Mode.
  15. Viewport Grid Options.
    In Mine-Imator Viewport, We will see the Default Greeny Flatland World without Grid like pattern, So If there an option to Enable the Grid, it will be Easier to Navigate something, Just like Number 9.
  16. Glow Animations.
    Ability to Animate the Glow Values.
  17. Glass Blocks, And Transparent Object.
    In Recent MI, The Light cannot passes Through the Glass Blocks, Or Transparent Objects like, Fixing this Issues can causing the Transparent object like will let Light passes Through it.
  18. Fullscreen mode.
    Pressing the F11 for Example to enable the Fullscreen mode for Mine-Imator, So Users can More Focus on the Projects, And Also can just grabbed the Imported Assets from the Assets Tab into the Viewport.
  19. 3D Sound in the Viewport.
    When Importing a .mp3 formats to the scene, It will became 3D, So the Far away the Camera is, The Smaller Sound it will gets. See what I mean? 3D Sound Effects on the Viewport same as the Camera.
  20. Small Reflections, Or Graphic update on the Materials.
    In Mine-Imator, Everything seems Mate, and doesn't really have that Unique Materials Accept the Textures, So By adding the small Reflections, MI will become more Fluid, Or More Advance Looking Software. Also can make the Graphics 15% Better by Adding these Reflections Method that I just Invented inside Mine-Imator it self:
    If I can make it work just with Practical Methods, So why It can't Be Implemented in Mine-Imator with Coding Right? But All of this will back on the Development Team Choices.
  21. Mine-Imator GPU.
    MI Have Access to Graphics Proccessing Unit, A.K.A GPU Usage for more faster Perfomance.
  22. Advanced Water Graphics.
    Water Graphics in Recent MI Versions is just a Transparent Animated Textured Surface, Adding a Depth just like KeepOnChucking Water RIG, can Make Water in MI more Realistic than Before. A Way more more more Realistic If it has Small Reflections like Number 20.
  23. Advanced Mine-Imator Theme Customizations.
    If Modelbench have it, Then I sure in the Next Mine-Imator, A.K.A Mine-Imator 2.0 will have this Features too, But what I mean is not just the Color Customization, But Also the Logos, Or The Viewports Grid will be Enabled... I hope You all Understand what I means :v.
  24. Outlined Graphics Mode.
    When Outlined Graphics Mode On, The Final Render will make the Scene looks more Cartoony, Perfect for Cartoony Render Style, How it works?
    Just look at Nowdays Mine-Imator. If We Selected an objects, The Objects will have the Highlines White Color on the Edges of the Objects, So maybe this can also became the Cartoony Graphics like. I hope again my Explanations not Make you guys Confuse.
  25. Advanced New UI for Particle Editor.
    In MI, When we open up the Particle Editor, Our Head will start gettin Sick because of the UI is So Complicated. By Updating the Particle Editor UI's it will make users have less Headache when playing with the Particle Editor, Also can sleep well at night.
  26. Advanced AA.
    In Mine-Imator, Even if we Rendered an Image, or a Videos with 4K Resolution, It always have that little Jagged Edges line on the Image, So Advanced Anti-Aliasing will make the Images looks more Smoother without those Jagged Sharp Edges on the Scene.
  27. Fullscreen Tab.
    When wanna mess around with the timelines for example, Just click Ctrl+F, or etc to Enable the Fullscreen Just with the Timeline tab without need to Drag it up for Larger Timeline tab. 
  28. Camera can see Through a Surface Infront of it.
    In Mine-Imator Settings, It have the See through Surface, Not very helpful on the Majority of the Users, But Very Helpful for me to Keep Inventing the Reflections Machine RIG, Without Need to make a Duplicate of it wich is really Time Consuming, And Also A Perfomance Consuming.
  29. Long Range Shadows.
    This one is the most Problematic for those who are Working on a Big Landscape, Or Bigger Environment Scene. The Shadows Range in MI is still Limited, When it Long Range, the Minus is we will get the Lower Resolution of Shadows, But when The Resolution is High Qualtiy, In this Time The Shadows it self is not Long Range Anymore, Hope it can be Fixed, It depends Also on the GameMaker Engine I guess...
  30. Last but not Least is the LOD's.
    Mine-Imator Will so much Laggy when somethin Gigantic Size of Objects is On the Viewports, So to fix this, MI needs the Level of Details Feature to Avoid the Laggy Problems.

Remember! All of this Is just an Idea that Are in my Brain, So Just picked fews of it If Possible.
I feel sorry if My Explanations is very Confusing if in case... It's because My English Skills is not very Pro Enough, So Have a seat to Understand it...
And Also I didn't give the Image on this Topics, is because I was in Rush Hour, Sorry about that.
@Nimi @Voxy I hope this can be helpful sir. I just helpin... ?.

Edited by LacaMenDRY
Dude I don't know what the hell is Problem with the URL?

1. its not necessary, at least for me
  2. Object's data are stored in a keyframe, no keyframe=all values are 0 or default
  3. Might be useful for fine transformation. im fine with lower grid values
  4. Just turn on grid values
  5. We do have a library, and yeah import multiple files at once is the painkiller and time saver
  6. Me: just setup 3 view camera and save it as miobject
  7. You can do this (kinda) by dragging your mouse up or down to the limits
  8. Im sure its gonna have an issue with render depth, maybe
  9. Agreed, but transform gizmos did the same so
  10. Yes, tap your keyboard more often
  11. Uh, you can lower the color to near black to reduce its brightness
  12. Totally agree
  13. But we can just ctrl+F (folder shortcut)
  14. Hit F5
  15. Uh, change the ground texture?
  16. You mean the glow settings right? not the glow color. Agreed, maybe put the whole setting into object setting.
  17. *disables the object's cast shadow setting3
  18. *hide the windows taskbar
  19. Ah yes, im also lazy to edit the L/R channels in the video editing program
  20. SSR Build, well its too hard to deal with render noises unless it has built-in denoiser
  21. Nvidia gpus: set the program to run with "High performance graphics processor" or something
  22. You will need a volumetric thingy going on deep in there
  23. You can drag some panel/tabs tho, you know what i mean
  24. Yeeesss, thats what im thinking "why not the program just allow to render the outlines to make outline fx"
  25. Idk im fine with current look, I think devs can just make a documentary about particle settings?
  26. Agreed, maybe add MSAA or SSAA, or you can just render it at super high resolution and downscaling it (well thats how "i forgot what kinda AA is that" works)
  27. GET A BIGGER SCREEN
  28. I uhh... mess around with render depths?
  29. YES BETTER SHADOWS
  30. its Frustum Culling

these are just my reactions, dont take it seriously

Edited by niam

I Make all of the long reply into a spoiler, So I hope I not getting Warned.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, niam said:

its not necessary, at least for me

Yeeh. I'm working on a very Large Project wich is I need it...

1 hour ago, niam said:

Object's data are stored in a keyframe, no keyframe=all values are 0 or default

Hmm.. Really? I didn't knew about... Anyway.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Might be useful for fine transformation. im fine with lower grid values

Yes, We need it. Especially when Doing/Making a Models Inside Mine-Imator.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Just turn on grid values

I doesn't mean that, I mean when Moving an Object is like this:
Press G, Then the object is selected, Now I clicked the Middle Mouse Button, And Then moving it into the X Axis, Then The object will be moving on the X Axis.

1 hour ago, niam said:

We do have a library, and yeah import multiple files at once is the painkiller and time saver

yeah.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Me: just setup 3 view camera and save it as miobject

Hmm But pressing the numpad is more Efficient isn't it?

1 hour ago, niam said:

You can do this (kinda) by dragging your mouse up or down to the limits

Um Sorry, I Don't Understand that well...

1 hour ago, niam said:
  • Im sure its gonna have an issue with render depth, maybe
  •  

Hahaha Sorry bout that.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Agreed, but transform gizmos did the same so

Some users doesn't really now wich the Axis is colored to, So... yeah.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Yes, tap your keyboard more often

Yes, I always like Shortcuts you know?

1 hour ago, niam said:

Uh, you can lower the color to near black to reduce its brightness

No, I mean it Opposite. I want to adjust the brightness a way more than just Duplicating it.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Totally agree

Me too pal.

1 hour ago, niam said:

But we can just ctrl+F (folder shortcut)

Make sense.. But what if Someone wanna Parenting the Sword into steve hands? See what I mean? 
So this is how it works:
Select Sword, then Shift+ Select Steves Hand, And then Press Ctrl+P. Easy buddy.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Hit F5

Recently I change it into R as the shortcuts, Remembering the latest Mine-Imator Version doesn't have the Rotating Shortcut, So I can just Use that Minor Feature to R=Render mode because it more closer to the finger. But I think twice when MI 2,0 was came out, Then The R Shortcut was not Compatible anymore, because Newer MI have that Rotation Shortcut, So.. Maybe better Ctrl+R.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Uh, change the ground texture?

No. Doing it will make a little bit effort, Why not just having it by default shall we? Anyway it's a Option wich can be turn on, or off. So this work for both users type. Simple Animator, and Advanced Animator.

1 hour ago, niam said:

You mean the glow settings right? not the glow color. Agreed, maybe put the whole setting into object setting.

I Agreed your Opinions, It will work more best.

1 hour ago, niam said:

*disables the object's cast shadow setting3

What if there was a 812 Glass Blocks on a Scenery in total? Yes Filter the Glass, and then? Adding the 812 Glass blocks one by one? Really?
Nah that is what I mean. Anyway.

1 hour ago, niam said:

*hide the windows taskbar

One day I Miss clicked the Exit Button while my Projects doesn't even saved at all.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Ah yes, im also lazy to edit the L/R channels in the video editing program

Yeah me too, It's just a Time Consuming. For me it is time consuming because My laptop is Potato while Waiting the Adobe premiere pro CC 2020 to be opened.

1 hour ago, niam said:

SSR Build, well its too hard to deal with render noises unless it has built-in denoiser

No, Mine was different. I develop a more Simpler Reflection Machine inside Mine-Imator with Practical Method, and it's working. Even tho some of it is not really good. But I get it right?

1 hour ago, niam said:

Nvidia gpus: set the program to run with "High performance graphics processor" or something

Do Mine-Imator use the GPU?

1 hour ago, niam said:

You will need a volumetric thingy going on deep in there

Yes. that is what I mean. Volumetric Water without wasting 5 Minutes to Manually Create a layer per layer for it, Or Without Crashing while using the KeepOnChucking Water RIG.

1 hour ago, niam said:

You can drag some panel/tabs tho, you know what i mean

I already knew it brother before you even posted the 3D bendable rails wkwkwk.
I just mean it, Advanced. but it is personal Opinions.

1 hour ago, niam said:

Yeeesss, thats what im thinking "why not the program just allow to render the outlines to make outline fx"

Nah, Finally someone understand of what I mean. 

1 hour ago, niam said:

Idk im fine with current look, I think devs can just make a documentary about particle settings?

Fine for yours, but not fine for those who had Blurry Eyes, hard to Focus, you know? Some people had some Problems, But this also can Make them or our more Easier while messing around with the Particle Editor. 

1 hour ago, niam said:

Agreed, maybe add MSAA or SSAA, or you can just render it at super high resolution and downscaling it (well thats how "i forgot what kinda AA is that" works)

Yeah, Anyway thanks for the tip. I already know it hehehe.

1 hour ago, niam said:

GET A BIGGER SCREEN

Man. I already Had the 1920x1080p bro. Even tho I have 4K Display. I will make everything Smaller, or hard to see.. Or Waste more money.
Let the Animator Focus on one thing for a sec, then Continue the other one would be Good.

1 hour ago, niam said:

I uhh... mess around with render depths?

Hmm. Worth a Try. Btw thank you for the tips!

1 hour ago, niam said:

YES BETTER SHADOWS

Mean it.

1 hour ago, niam said:
  1. its Frustum Culling

That's Right.

1 hour ago, niam said:

these are just my reactions, dont take it seriously

Nah, Not a Problem brother. As long you are using the Polite Text, and Words. Everything should be fine.

Edited by LacaMenDRY
Really? My Browser is Crashing 4 Times while I moved all the text into a Spoilers.

34 minutes ago, LacaMenDRY said:

I doesn't mean that, I mean when Moving an Object is like this:
Press G, Then the object is selected, Now I clicked the Middle Mouse Button, And Then moving it into the X Axis, Then The object will be moving on the X Axis.

oh, the change axis shortcut, you'll need the suggestion #10 first

Spoiler

One day I Miss clicked the Exit Button while my Projects doesn't even saved at all.

MI wont close if the project isnt saved yet, and ask the user to save it or not. if it does, most likely saved as backup

Do Mine-Imator use the GPU?

technically yes, but it does not use the gpu power efficiently, i think

No, Mine was different. I develop a more Simpler Reflection Machine inside Mine-Imator with Practical Method, and it's working. Even tho some of it is not really good. But I get it right?

yes but you got to set it up first, which is pain 7248-hide-the-pain-harold.png

What if there was a 812 Glass Blocks on a Scenery in total? Yes Filter the Glass, and then? Adding the 812 Glass blocks one by one? Really?
Nah that is what I mean. Anyway.

well uhh, transparency issue its complicated

No, I mean it Opposite. I want to adjust the brightness a way more than just Duplicating it.

more brightness will results in bright white spot

Man. I already Had the 1920x1080p bro. Even tho I have 4K Display. I will make everything Smaller, or hard to see.. Or Waste more money.
Let the Animator Focus on one thing for a sec, then Continue the other one would be Good.

i mean its physically BIGGER

No. Doing it will make a little bit effort, Why not just having it by default shall we? Anyway it's a Option wich can be turn on, or off. So this work for both users type. Simple Animator, and Advanced Animator.

well yes, and I suggest that Mine-imator should have a custom startup project

Edited by niam

3 minutes ago, ItsBluefindude said:

I personally think it would be great to have these.

Hmm Make sense. But sometimes MI doesn't really saved a projects Properly, When I opened the Unexpected Closing MI projects, It start with a Bug, Such as Missing texture bugs/Pink black texture wich doesn't make any sense at all. And also MI unexpected close, Then need to wait the Loading, And then Lading again for the Projects Lading time if the Projects was Huge enough. But maybe this Issues will be fixed.

Just now, Fox Miner said:

Laca, your ideas proved again that you are the one and only Mine-imator scientist!

Well Thanks, But Um. yeah. Kind of.

19 minutes ago, ItsBluefindude said:

I personally think it would be great to have these.

Yes. Me too. And I hope at least one of my suggestions can be in the Mine-Imator 2.0.

Anyway thank you for the Support.

1. Unnecessary; will be inconvenient for most people, and jarring to those who are used to how zooming in/out feature works already. There's no point in changing it.
  2. Unnecessary; you can already manually insert keyframes by first clicking to select the location you want it to be, then clicking again.
  3. Agreed, could be useful. Pretty sure I saw someone else suggest implementing the same thing for the in-menu values too.
  4. Unnecessary; we already have the axes for moving objects.
  5. The assets are already stored in the Library tab when you import them.
  6. Unnecessary; that feature is better suited for Modelbench.
  7. If you mean "having the work camera go to a selected object by pressing a button", totally agree, we need that.
  8. Unnecessary; almost no-one would make use of such a feature, and if they wanted to, they'd just lower the alpha value of the desired objects instead.
  9. Unnecessary.
  10. Unnecessary; just click on the axis arrows/ in the viewport.
  11. Unnecessary; the brightness of Spotlights and Point lights are already fully customisable, as is their range and fade size.
  12. Not sure if this would be possible to implement easily. For example, how would it look on the timeline? It'd get messy very quickly if multiple parenting actions are keyframed.
  13. Not feasible; how would the program know what object you're parenting it to? You need more than just a keybind.
  14. Unnecessary; HQ Render mode already has a shortcut: F5.
  15. Unnecessary.
  16. You can kind-of already do this by changing the object's glow colour. It would be nice for the vales found in the Settings to be a "per project" thing rather than it being globally, imo.
  17. Agreed, this would be especially nice if Stained Glass casts coloured shadows too.
  18. Unnecessary; going fullscreen with F11 is a negligible difference to the standard windowed fullscreen.
  19. Might be problematic to implement.
  20. Your obligatory mentioning of reflections yet again lol (jokes aside, as nice as it'd be to have, it'll likely be too graphically taxing for most people; not everyone has a beefy graphics card, or one that even supports world-space reflections.
  21. Agreed, if it's possible. Not sure if Game Maker itself supports that though.
  22. This would be nice to have, although again, it might be too graphically taxing for most people, especially with reflections.
  23. Definitely agreed, it's a shame a lot of the customisation is being taken away in 2.0...
  24. Agreed, this would be a nice thing to have. Might be problematic with custom models, though.
  25. Editing the settings of particles is supposed to be an advanced thing. Mine-imator's entire UI is getting a makeover, so it's likely the particle menu will see improvements to be more understandable.
  26. Totally agreed, Mine-imator's current AA is terrible and needs an improvement.
  27. Unnecessary; you already mentioned fullscreen in point 18.
  28. Unnecessary.
  29. You can turn on Unlimited Values to set the shadow range higher/lower than the maximum/minimum, respectively. The detail of those shadows is based on the sunlight buffer size which, when set to Gigantic, is already extremely taxing for most people.
  30. Frustum Culling will already be a thing in 2.0.

Please don't take this as any kind of personal attack on your ideas, that's not my intention. I know you've put a lot of effort into this, but a lot of these are just unnecessary.
Remember, Mine-imator is primarily for animating and rendering so it only has some bare minimum modelling features (cubes, spheres, cylinders, cones).
Likewise, Modelbench is primarily for modelling so it only has some bare minimum rendering features (basic lighting, pre-defined backgrounds, fixed square aspect ratio).

35 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

Unnecessary; you can already manually insert keyframes by first clicking to select the location you want it to be, then clicking again.

When in the middle of a work, And Accidentally inserted a Keyframe while modifying some Keyframes, and for some reason the Animation goes worst.

38 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

Your obligatory mentioning of reflections yet again lol (jokes aside, as nice as it'd be to have, it'll likely be too graphically taxing for most people; not everyone has a beefy graphics card, or one that even supports world-space reflections.

They can just simply turn off the Reflections.

41 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

Unnecessary; you already mentioned fullscreen in point 18.

What I mean is this Examples:
d1QXgKQ.png

42 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

Please don't take this as any kind of personal attack on your ideas, that's not my intention. I know you've put a lot of effort into this, but a lot of these are just unnecessary.
Remember, Mine-imator is primarily for animating and rendering so it only has some bare minimum modelling features (cubes, spheres, cylinders, cones).
Likewise, Modelbench is primarily for modelling so it only has some bare minimum rendering features (basic lighting, pre-defined backgrounds, fixed square aspect ratio).

As long you are using the Polite, and well Structured Words that can be Appreciate different kinds of people from different culture, and different ages, Also respect others, Then it would be Just Fine.

Thank you for the Opinions, I really Appreciate it.