Dev update #21: "The Anniversary Update"

17 minutes ago, ZackuALV said:

Well i need to ask this.

You will update Modelbench too?

What about integrate Modelbench and Mine Imator into a Launcher??

You can make two buttons for the launcher:

+New Animation 

+New Model

Well thats the idea idk

Yeah. Nice to keep it simple, But Maybe doing this may causing the Re code of the whole entire Programs. I guess. So Just keep it like this how it is.

Anyway, Quick Tip!

Shift + Enter to avois jumping lines.   

Edited by LacaMenDRY
Wayae wayae.

8 hours ago, MasterJediJoe10 said:

Well.... That looks fantastic. specialy the new bleed light but....i notice the new UI and... it looks very much like ModelBench. Does it mean the customization will be as limited as MB, or MI will still be as customisable as is it ?

It is the evolution of the UI design introduced in Modelbench, and as such it'll retain the same customization options. It may not be as thorough as current versions of M-I, but it's a lot faster to customize and you'll still get to pick a custom accent color for important UI elements like buttons, titles, etc.

This is actually really cool! Really like the new features, they are amazing. Especially the Markers, Better lighting, And the style as well.

But just 2 things to ask.

1. Will this effect current version(1.2.8) rigs, projects and keyframe files? (because you are going straight to 2.0.0)

2. Will the software also have the ability combine duplicate resources into 1, like loading a rig into a project that has a rig with the exact same model file but different appearance in terms of skins and objects? 

On 8/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, LordKillo said:

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You remind me of dream

On 8/23/2021 at 5:00 PM, Nimi said:

image.png.4699187f1f02be8222a5bf5100c1738f.png

Hello everyone! It's been a while since the last dev update, and I'm sure you have questions about the update and what's taking so long, so let's start with answering that.

What's taking so long?

In the previous dev update, I mentioned that I was working on "Inventory", the new UI for Mine-imator. This ended up taking a while to finish and pushing back when I planned to start on optimizations for rendering. I've since finished optimizations and now wrapping up any final graphical features for the update.

A change of plans

As many of you know, the "Caves & Cliffs" update for Minecraft has been split into two parts. This delay in the second half of the update will give me more time to further refine the update and improve areas where the program lacks, like animation. This of course will result in a delay of the update into next year, Mine-imator's 10th anniversary.

The Anniversary Update

With this new delay for the update going into Spring 2022, I've decided to rebrand the next major update from "Mine-imator 1.3" to "Mine-imator 2.0: The Anniversary Update". With overhauls to graphics, UI, and eventually animation (?), both david and I believe this update is deserving of the 2.0 title. I can't say for sure what new features will be coming in the next coming months for the update, but I'm sure the update will be worth the wait.

W.I.P. feature gallery

It would be pretty cruel to end the update with nothing to show, especially with how long its been since the last dev update. So here's some early previews of what's in store. Do note that things are still subject to change in development and the following may/may not be final. ?

Reveal hidden contents

dev21_timeline.gif.9fa4243b39d17617378e3f4172af8fe2.gif

The timeline is receiving plenty of quality-of-life upgrades, including the ability to color tag, hide, and search for timelines.

dev21_markers.gif.a6b8b370064fd09082786b1ae98fdd69.gif
In addition to better timeline organization, you'll be able to add markers to better track events in your animations.

SSSSS.thumb.png.d3efc8773d0d3a953cf65a7635e33265.png
I never expected the limited "Light bleed" feature to get so popular, so I've decided to replace it with a new, proper subsurface scattering system that offers far more customization with the effect. Values can be animated and inherited, though that'll mean you'll need to re-add the effect to your creations.

That about wraps this dev update up, I doubt anyone was hoping for a delay on the update, but I hope these exciting announcements offer plenty of hype for what's still to come!

I was planning on switching from mine-imator to blender but i've changed my mind

Edited by Dai90

On 8/24/2021 at 1:35 AM, Kwazedilla said:

having been here since almost the very beginning, it's amazing to see mine-imator progress from a simple program for making tf2 animations to this powerful application beloved by many. godspeed, nimi & crew

And im still making tf2 animations lol

Edited by far.bod.2

Something that's missing UI wise is to searhc on the parent list:

mineimator.png

You have to scroll up and down manually trying to find what you want to parent it with. If you could search by name it would be faster since you would filter out a bunch of things so even if it had the generic default name it would be faster to find.

Similarly, another pointlessly scrolling moment is everytime you want to find the camera and audio track to match the keyframes within the current camera position or sound event. The timeline search helps but it would be better to have a way to pin the object you want to always have it visible when it comes to camera and audio timelines at least. Perhaps I would also use it on the main character of the animation as well since those would be the most used things and you really want them to have them accessible fast at any rate.

Edited by moniker

I now use English translation by machine translation.
There will be errors, because I am a Chinese.
At present, I can make an opinion on mine imager.
Sometimes those action curves are generally not enough.
I hope to update the function of a custom curve to be used on the timeline.
And in terms of rendering, I also hope to update and better effect.
For example, the bug that light effects, volume lights, and translucent materials do not render the background can be fixed.
I also suggest updating the reflective effect of the material to make the material have a better texture.
And the optimization of mine imager. I hope I can do better. I often take up too much space and crash when I do mine imager, which makes me have to use the old version of mine imager. This is really a headache and the problem of bending. I hope I can add the bending effect of version 1.2.5 and previous versions to the new version, In the new version, you can use both 1.2.5 bending and the latest version of bending, as well as the early box bending effect. I still use 1.2.5 bending in some models, resulting in bending bugs in the new version of bending, so I have to use modelbench to repair the problem, which is very troublesome.
The above is my suggestions and feedback on the new version of mine imager. I hope developers can see this post. Thank you!

我现在使用的是机翻进行的英文翻译。
会有误差,因为我是一个中国人。
我目前可以提出一个意见用在Mine-imator的上。
有些时候那些动作曲线一般都不够用。
我希望可以更新一个自定义曲线的功能用在时间线上。
以及在渲染方面,我也希望可以去更新更好的效果。
例如光线效果、体积光,以及半透明材质不渲染背景的bug可以修复一下。
我也建议更新材质反光效果可以让材质有更好的质感。
以及对Mine-imator的优化处理我希望可以做的更好,我经常在做Mine-imator的时候出现占用过大还死机的情况使得我不得不使用旧版本的Mine-imator,这确实很头疼,以及弯曲的问题我希望可以将1.2.5版本及以前的弯曲效果添加到新版本当中,在新版本既可以使用1.2.5的弯曲又可以使用最新版的弯曲,同样也可以使用早期的方块弯曲效果,我现在有一些模型用的还是1.2.5的弯曲导致在新版的弯曲中出现弯曲bug,也就不得不再去用modelbench去修复问题显得非常麻烦。
以上则是我对Mine-imator新版更新的建议以及反馈,希望开发者可以看到这条帖子,谢谢!