Dev update #21: "The Anniversary Update"

it looks really cool! take your time to make it one of the best Mine-Imator upgrades of all time.

But I am intrigued by something that is happening the same with Modelbench, and it is the issue of rotations. ModelBench in objects "Transformation" (axis of movement, rotation and scale) is based on the object (that is, they move according to the state of the object). Mine-Imator has had this system for many years. Is it possible that this system can change in "Transformation according to the object" and "Transformation according to Environment" in the new version that is coming?

deppfrz-bbc75d5e-4dd9-430f-bcd8-1912418e

because it's a bit awkward to manipulate the rotation when the axes come together like this:

deppg3s-affab87c-06f5-4f4e-bd07-a4e35949

the blue Axis disappears because it is below the green.

22 minutes ago, Annie-Mienai said:

it looks really cool! take your time to make it one of the best Mine-Imator upgrades of all time.

But I am intrigued by something that is happening the same with Modelbench, and it is the issue of rotations. ModelBench in objects "Transformation" (axis of movement, rotation and scale) is based on the object (that is, they move according to the state of the object). Mine-Imator has had this system for many years. Is it possible that this system can change in "Transformation according to the object" and "Transformation according to Environment" in the new version that is coming?

deppfrz-bbc75d5e-4dd9-430f-bcd8-1912418e

because it's a bit awkward to manipulate the rotation when the axes come together like this:

deppg3s-affab87c-06f5-4f4e-bd07-a4e35949

the blue Axis disappears because it is below the green.

Mine-imator actually uses a gimbal model to handle rotations, which unfortunately allows two rotation axes to overlap (gimbal locking). There were plans to implement proper local and global transformations, but it doesn't play nice with object scaling, so it's currently uncertain whether such a feature will make it in.

1 hour ago, Nimi said:

SSSSS.thumb.png.d3efc8773d0d3a953cf65a7635e33265.png
I never expected the limited "Light bleed" feature to get so popular, so I've decided to replace it with a new, proper subsurface scattering system that offers far more customization with the effect. Values can be animated and inherited, though that'll mean you'll need to re-add the effect to your creations.

I've been waiting for something like this for so long, Now... the time has come.

But what I'm concern about is, am I still going to have to scale my rigs up to 8.000 on the X, Y and Z axis to get my subsurface scattering rig system to function? Because that's what I do now, and it limits my workspace on the Mine-Imator landscape platform since the models have to be super sized in order for my SSS to work. If could keep my models at the default scale, that would be a huge deal right there.

Hello, nimi! You seem to have made a screen space reflection function in version 1.2.2. Some powerful creators have made a reflection compatible with version 1.2.8. Can you add this feature and optimize it in version 1.3.0( Sub object controllable reflection) (these words use machine translation, sorry!)fscs4.png.472fa593d3ccdf505ef1e9468bf4a6

Edited by 老叉-Xeon
language