For some reason, I can't animate beyone frame 32000

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

When I opened my project that was more than 23 minutes long. the next day, I was able to open it but all the progress beyond frame 32000 was erased for an unknown reason and whenever I go into another project just to work on another project, Mine-imator decides to crash and shows this error.

Spoiler

of Destroy Event
for object obj_keyframe:

ds_list_find_index argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_ds_list_delete_value (line 4)
called from - gml_Script_keyframe_event_destroy (line 2)
called from - gml_Object_obj_keyframe_Destroy_0 (line 1)
called from - gml_Script_project_reset (line 42)
called from - gml_Script_project_load (line 73)
called from - gml_Script_draw_recent (line 86)
called from - gml_Script_popup_open_draw (line 4)
called from - gml_Script_popup_draw (line 110)
called from - gml_Script_window_draw (line 27)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_draw (line 7)
called from - gml_Object_app_Draw_0 (line 0)

This is quite bizzare for me, because I had to create a new project and save miobjects from the other animation, tested it to see if it wouldn't do it and and luckily it didn't crash. but when i started animating beyond frame 32000 and saved it, it erased everything beyond that point again and crashed when entering another project. this concerns me that mine-imator either has a limit for the amount of markers in the timeline, or the limit of how long the animation should be...

given the length of your animation, it's probably best recommended that you end up rendering out specific segments of your animation, or separating them into different project files

mine-imator's a great animation program, but you're basically pushing it far beyond its limits, 23 minutes is a lot, let alone nearly 32k frames. trying to render that much alone would end up crashing it without a doubt

try to do something a little less workload heavy, combine your scenes into an editing program

16 hours ago, NietyFox said:

given the length of your animation, it's probably best recommended that you end up rendering out specific segments of your animation, or separating them into different project files

mine-imator's a great animation program, but you're basically pushing it far beyond its limits, 23 minutes is a lot, let alone nearly 32k frames. trying to render that much alone would end up crashing it without a doubt

try to do something a little less workload heavy, combine your scenes into an editing program

I see...

And just out of curiosity, how many minutes would you recommend per project? Because 23 Minutes is the highest I have gotten without crashing, and for future reference for the safety for my animations, it is good to know what is the recommended amount.

Edited by TheRealXander724
Had to put minutes after 23 to not cause any confusion