A question about Rigs

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Greetings.

I might be in the wrong place, but I have a question about a rig I saw, a public Avali one from 2016. (https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/49574-customizable-avali-rig/). How would I use the rig in minecraft itself, as a charecter skin/model?

A good friend of mine periodically releases a custom modpack for our friendgroup, and his new version is coming up. I wanted to update my somewhat dated minecraft skin, and thought the above would be wonderful for it, but I didnt see anything in the post to indicate how I would use it. Does minecraft natively support use of custom rigs, or is there a mod required for it? I spent some time looking, but couldn't find anything other than a bunch of blender tutorials, which didn't seem to answer the question.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Greetings Forumer,

The model in question is a Mine-Imator rig, this is a standalone animation software used for animations.
The file you want to use as a skin is not a filetype minecraft will support, hence it's not possible to set it as your skin, even with mods.

Sorry to dissappoint you, I hope I was able to provide some help/insight.

Edit: There's probably some mods out there that allow custom models, but you will probably have better luck in a more modding oriented forum/subreddit, I am not aware of any mods that allow you to import custom models, I do know that none of them will support Mine-Imator's filetype however, so with the avali rig you're probably still out of luck.

Edited by Keep on Chucking

2 hours ago, Keep on Chucking said:

Greetings Forumer,

The model in question is a Mine-Imator rig, this is a standalone animation software used for animations.
The file you want to use as a skin is not a filetype minecraft will support, hence it's not possible to set it as your skin, even with mods.

Sorry to dissappoint you, I hope I was able to provide some help/insight.

Edit: There's probably some mods out there that allow custom models, but you will probably have better luck in a more modding oriented forum/subreddit, I am not aware of any mods that allow you to import custom models, I do know that none of them will support Mine-Imator's filetype however, so with the avali rig you're probably still out of luck.

Thankyou for the response, I appreciate you helping me understand. I'll keep looking and see what I can find. If I DO find a way, I'll post it here. Thanks again.