A little collection of what I've done. (So far)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A lil bob-omb (Yes, I did indeed make the model)

Spoiler

with_background_Bob-omb_render_2.png

A little lighting test, in one of the default MI rooms

Spoiler

Improvement_IG_Lit_room.png

Eh, just the outdoors.

Spoiler

Mhm_this_is_nice.png

M e n a c i n g  P i l l a r  S t o v e

Spoiler

Pillar_thingy_2_render.png

And a little render of my concept mob (The Frostbite Creeper)

Spoiler

Frostbite_Creeper_Render.png

Edited by XxCherryBlossomxX

Wow. I was expecting some sorta decent renders, with maybe a generic character or two, but these are amazing! You've already got a much better concept of lighting, colors, and composition than about half of the people on here. I don't see any pixel size or style inconsistencies, the posing is good, I especially love the graphic design quality of the bomb one, and just well done overall.

Okay, now for a little constructive criticism:

On the "just the outdoors" render, the lighting kinda breaks down at the portion that is in shadow. This is mostly MI's fault, but it would be nice with some simulated light bounces to more clearly define the edges of objects (just put a few point lights with scene colors in strategic places,) and the water looks kinda bad (again, mostly MI's fault.) I think the water could be fixed by changing its color to something that contrasts less with the ground around it.

And on the "frostbite creeper" render, my only criticism is that the shadow resolution is super low. It doesn't look great if you can see the individual pixels on the shadowmap.

Edited by Draco63

Sooo, yeah. Renders that I've done.
(A little interesting fact about the Frostbite creeper, it has a crystal heart within it)

3 minutes ago, Draco63 said:

Wow. I was expecting some sorta decent renders, with maybe a generic character or two, but these are amazing! You've already got a much better concept of lighting, colors, and composition than about half of the people on here. I don't see any pixel size or style inconsistencies, the posing is good, I especially love the graphic design quality of the bomb one, and just well done overall.

Okay, now for a little constructive criticism:

On the first render, the lighting kinda breaks down at the portion that is in shadow. This is mostly MI's fault, but it would be nice with some simulated light bounces to more clearly define the edges of objects (just put a few point lights with scene colors in strategic places,) and the water looks kinda bad (again, mostly MI's fault.) I think the water could be fixed by changing its color to something that contrasts less with the ground around it.

And on the last render, my only criticism is that the shadow resolution is super low. It doesn't look great if you can see the individual pixels on the shadowmap.

Well, I ain't perfect. So this is all the best I can do really. If I didn't really try, you would know it.
I'm well aware that some of my renders are mediocre, but hey, at least these aren't as bad, or generic. 

Thanks for the criticism, by the way. 

Edited by XxCherryBlossomxX