I feel we need judges for the showcase.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, I'm no veteran here & I don't really know how to explain this without coming out stawggy.

I believe the showcase gets swamped with little to no effort 4 second videos & crappy renders. Which pushes good work or half decent work out of the way. 

Personally I thought my last video would have made it in the showcase, but I got only 2 up votes. I'm assuming people have their own reasons, for why they didn't like it. Who knows maybe they don't like snails ?

But then I notice this in the showcase & all I can think is this showcase / points system is really broken.
I think we should have forum judges... who can add what's worth being spotlighted in the showcase. 

Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

It's a Normal day in Mine-Imator Forums.
Sometimes Great Render get inside showcase tab,but Aren't getting into it.
And sometimes Trash Render get inside showcase tab,but very Rarely.

So the Conclusion is that Doesn't matter How great your Renders/Animations are,If you're not lucky,Then what can you do right?
I have a lot of Good Renders in this server,but half of it aren't inside that Showcase tab,So I just Chillin,and wait a moment when I supposed to Post a renders.

From what I knew is that the Purpose of Showcase Tab is to show people how MI Quality is,And What kind of renders can this Software do. So this can Attract New Animator to Enter MI World. But If most of the Showcase is Crap,Then who wants it? and I hope this problem can be solved Smartly.

Maybe create polls for people to vote for things to be included or not in the showcase?

And depending on the number, the works can be placed on hold or passed immediately.

For example

http://www.strawpoll.me/45197409

Of course I imagine there are better alternatives for this

Also I used strawpoll to create the linked poll.

Edited by FredMCGamer

I agree with this mans. You'll see something sometimes that belongs in an art muesum and sometimes you'll see something that makes you tilt your head and go "I'm sorry, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

Edited by Mr M3m3~Chan

7 hours ago, Voxy said:

Maybe increasing the amount of upvotes required as well as excluding the "random/test animation" category from the showcase could help a bit.

Does the funny or wow upvotes count towards the showcase?

Perhaps add a showcase upvote option separate from the up vote.

Yeah and maybe if possible, add an extra forum dedicated to Mine Imator's Showcase, in which you can see all the polls and maybe history of past polls, each poll should have a time limit that ends the day before the artwork is posted or rejected. And to stop people from spamming the polls, maybe even add a poll limit, like 2, 3, or 4 per day!

Also there could be a section within this forum to see the polls that got the most Yes and the ones that did not make it, either because people voted no or the time ran out and neither yes or no was selected or became the most voted. 

p.s

(I must thank the Mine Imator team beforehand for working hard on every aspect of both the programs and the website!)

(also I know programming and creating/editing websites takes resources, time, and energy)

P.s of the p.s

(This is also just a suggestion and should not be taken so literally, I am just typing what I think could work!)

Edited by FredMCGamer
Ghast blew up my keyboard

I mean for as long as I have been on this forums, I honestly had no idea there was what you call unfairness system in the forums until now.

or that I was aware of for the most part. :P

Edited by FredMCGamer

Just now, FredMCGamer said:

I mean for as long as I have been on this forums, I honestly had no idea there was what you call unfairness system in the forums until now. :P

Let me use google Translate,Maybe I can understand better.. wait...

Just now, FredMCGamer said:

I mean for as long as I have been on this forums, I honestly had no idea there was what you call unfairness system in the forums until now. :P

It was connected to this Topic right? Trash Effort Render/Animations are get inside Showcase Tab,And High Effort doesn't. ? Uh sorry if I don't Understand what you mean.

8 hours ago, LacaMenDRY said:

Let me use google Translate,Maybe I can understand better.. wait...

It was connected to this Topic right? Trash Effort Render/Animations are get inside Showcase Tab,And High Effort doesn't. ? Uh sorry if I don't Understand what you mean.

What I meant to say is, that I didn't know that many great artworks didn't get on the showcase, and that I always thought that only the best where chosen to be placed there. 

I apologize if I was misunderstood!

6 hours ago, FredMCGamer said:

What I meant to say is, that I didn't know that many great artworks didn't get on the showcase, and that I always thought that only the best where chosen to be placed there. 

I apologize if I was misunderstood!

Owh Okay,Chill. you know My mean,I know your mean. Case Closed...
Not a Problem Pal.