Resizing individual axis on text?

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Is there ANY way to resize the individual X, Y and Z axis on text? Because my project requires the all 3 dimensions resized to a specific point, not just symmetrically scaling (all X, Y and Z axis at once) like multi-selected/grouped "blocks" on Roblox Studio.

Edited by MCAlexis
Fixing a grammar issue that might cause some confusion

11 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Voxy said:

In your text's keyframe settings, under "Scale", check that second icon from the left. Turning it off lets you apply scaling on the individual axes.

6fD58Jd.png

I don't understand why, but even disabling the option that you just mentioned and modifying one of these X, Y and Z options doesn't do anything.

Update: I just realized that this issue only applies to when rendering with shaders.

Edited by MCAlexis
Noticed another issue (described above)

2 minutes ago, MCAlexis said:

I don't understand why, but even disabling the option that you just mentioned and modifying one of these X, Y and Z options doesn't do anything.

Are you sure? This is what should happen. Note that scaling the Z axis won't do anything unless you set your text to be in 3D in the library or when adding it through the workbench.

a6620a070f907679a2295a8e66f5c9bc.gif

22 minutes ago, MCAlexis said:

The issue only happened with SHADERS on

This is probably because you weren't previewing in real-time at that instant.

By default, if your scene is too slow to render, Mine-imator will automatically freeze the high-quality preview to avoid making the program unusable. This means any change you make won't be visible, unless you turn the high-quality mode off. You can check this by looking at what the text in the corner says. If it says "Render FPS: XX", then you're rendering in real-time. If it says "Rendered in X.XX seconds", then it's not.

28 minutes ago, MCAlexis said:

I've got ANOTHER problem, which is the colours getting brighter in areas where 2 parts of the font renders. How do I fix these issues?

Could you post a screenshot showing what you mean exactly by that?

11 hours ago, Voxy said:

Could you post a screenshot showing what you mean exactly by that?

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to post a local image from my computer. I even tried to use "file:///C:/Users/(whatever)/Pictures/etc/img,png", which is the format that browsers uses for local file systems, but it still didn't work.

7 minutes ago, MCAlexis said:

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to post a local image from my computer. I even tried to use "file:///C:/Users/(whatever)/Pictures/etc/img,png", which is the format that browsers uses for local file systems, but it still didn't work.

You need to upload it to a hosting service like Imgur and post the link here.

8 hours ago, MCAlexis said:

[snip]

That's due to the way Mine-imator draws objects on screen, and there's no way around it. What's happening is, the individual faces of your object are drawn one after the other, and sometimes it will need to draw one face on top of another. But because each face is transparent, well, what happens is, you can see the faces through each other, making it look lighter.

qrHHWZY.png

If the whole object was drawn first then turned transparent (like layers in a photo editing program), then it wouldn't happen, but it's not how it works in Mine-imator.

(By the way, I see you're trying to tag me. For it to work, you gotta wait until a menu pops up and click on the name of the person you'd like to tag, like so:

IHkk87q.png

That will turn it into a proper mention and the person will get notified :) )

Edited by Voxy

9 hours ago, Voxy said:

That's due to the way Mine-imator draws objects on screen, and there's no way around it. What's happening is, the individual faces of your object are drawn one after the other, and sometimes it will need to draw one face on top of another. But because each face is transparent, well, what happens is, you can see the faces through each other, making it look lighter.

qrHHWZY.png

If the whole object was drawn first then turned transparent (like layers in a photo editing program), then it wouldn't happen, but it's not how it works in Mine-imator.

but how do I make it opaque?

2 hours ago, MCAlexis said:

but how do I make it opaque?

Well, if it's transparent, it must mean you've turned the text's alpha down. Turn it back up to 100% and it'll be opaque again.