Play/pause keybind

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Another basic thing that's missing: The "enter" key should work as a Play/Pause toggle. As of right now, you have to constantly move the cursor to the Play/Pause icon which is a massive of waste of time. Having it set on the enter key it's much faster. Right now it's set to "play from marker" which im sure it's much less used than Play/Pausing which everyone does constantly. Put the "play from marker" in another Key, or just let us choose in the menu.

Notice that spacebar does not Play/Pause, it plays, then resets back to the starting position.

Could this be added in the next update?

8 hours ago, moniker said:

It doesn't prove it isn't a good idea. You just come to my threads to claim how something is a bad idea, even when im reporting a bug:

Because a-lot of the time it was for something that was just a little (or too) far fetched. As time progressed I started to see every idea regardless to what it was as not fit for the software because I can't tell if it was one of the crappy ideas or if it was actually a real idea. Some of them are decent, but most of them just don't belong (I have trouble telling them apart nowadays). We don't need a billion random features with complexity in the software. This one may have some use in the future, but my statement is that stop begging for random stuff to be added unless you know it's actually reasonable (this suggestion has some reason in it, so I refuse to argue much about that at this point).

Just saying, but imo it would really help your case if you conveyed your ideas/suggestions without over-exaggerating and whining about everything.

This is a good suggestion, but your reasoning of simply moving your mouse a bit being "a massive waste of time" is almost laughably over-the-top; we're talking time-savings of like... a second, tops.
It's not as much as you're making it out to be, but it's still good for improving the workflow for animators nonetheless.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, moniker said:

Yet all of them have been added sooner or later.

Don't take that as the dev catering to your every whim. Saying this makes you sound entitled.
Also, I don't mean to sound rude here, but I'm pretty sure that some of the topics, most notably "Shadow glitch when 'Follow camera' enabled", was only fixed to shut you up because you were being obnoxiously vocal and frankly a complete ass to everyone involved.

Edited by __Mine__

16 hours ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

Because a-lot of the time it was for something that was just a little (or too) far fetched. As time progressed I started to see every idea regardless to what it was as not fit for the software because I can't tell if it was one of the crappy ideas or if it was actually a real idea. Some of them are decent, but most of them just don't belong (I have trouble telling them apart nowadays). We don't need a billion random features with complexity in the software. This one may have some use in the future, but my statement is that stop begging for random stuff to be added unless you know it's actually reasonable (this suggestion has some reason in it, so I refuse to argue much about that at this point).

The "feature" im suggesting here is just a shortcut, far from complex. The stuff I've suggested is most often very simple to implement.

You can't tell a bug report from a feature suggestion as you demonstrated on the thread I linked to. Bug which got fixed and both Nimi and David upvoted me for reporting it.

Edited by moniker

5 hours ago, moniker said:

The "feature" im suggesting here is just a shortcut, far from complex. The stuff I've suggested is most often very simple to implement.

You can't tell a bug report from a feature suggestion as you demonstrated on the thread I linked to. Bug which got fixed and both Nimi and David upvoted me for reporting it.

That's because you've became the boy who cried wolf.

Edit: I can tell tell a bug report apart from a suggestion, I just can't tell if it's exaggerated or not.

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ

On 4/28/2021 at 12:43 AM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

That's because you've became the boy who cried wolf.

Edit: I can tell tell a bug report apart from a suggestion, I just can't tell if it's exaggerated or not.

That's because you post it's a bad idea before even reading the post, or either you can't tell a bug report from a suggestion.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:57 AM, moniker said:

If you did you wouldn't confuse a memory leak report with it somehow being a feature request.

I'm not good at reading crash logs, so I'm saying that (I only have the slightest idea).

Plus you make it hard for me to believe it.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:27 AM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

I'm not good at reading crash logs, so I'm saying that (I only have the slightest idea).

Plus you make it hard for me to believe it.

I didn't even post any crash logs. I reported how RAM memory was going up triggered by a rig and you somehow thought it was "the rigs fault" and not the software, and called fixing this "a bad idea" which is nonsense, just as all of your complains about my suggestions/bug reports.

Edited by moniker

@CRAZYKOKEBROZ, you're really going to provoke them every time they post a suggestion? Don't you have anything more productive to do?

On 4/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, __Mine__ said:

Don't take that as the dev catering to your every whim. Saying this makes you sound entitled.

I think they're just saying that their suggestions aren't as useless as CRAZYKOKEBROZ claims they are, since we're looking into adding them. And I agree. Moniker's suggestions are, for the most part, pretty sensible, especially with UX being a big focus point of 1.3.0. Plus, there's no denying that they've greatly improved their attitude, maybe you guys should try doing that too. ;)

Anyway, to bring the discussion back to the initial suggestion, I can confirm that you'll be able to customize keybinds for timeline interactions, including play/pause. Currently, the behavior is still the same, but I'd like to get that changed, because it irks me that the hotkey doesn't behave the same as the button, lol