The Mighty Fox_Miner

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

3 minutes ago, Fox Miner said:

ITS a Style / not mine but I like it so I made it

No need to be so defensive, he's trying to help you.

No-one's forcing you to change of course, but you could at least maybe try his suggestion? If you don't like it, you can easily go back to what you have already.

1 minute ago, __Mine__ said:

No need to be so defensive, he's trying to help you.

No-one's forcing you to change of course, but you could at least maybe try his suggestion? If you don't like it, you can easily go back to what you have already.

Wow now thats friendly, my Brother went Like What the **** is that....

but yes I understand and I TRIED that with lights as well but it didnt give that effect more that you see right now

And thanks to everyone for theyre help

13 minutes ago, Jnick said:

Using mine-imator sun as lighting is a style???

Eh.....

Okay you got me, I didnt really try.

I'm just doing this Mine-imator thing because I have no PC, I use an Laptop

As soon as I have a better PC I'll move to blender to make stuff like this

QxiJlh3.png

But for now I'm stuck here at this Mine-imator thingy, so dont juge me If I dont have taste to do better at a program like this

Sorry to the Developers of Mine-imator, but Mine-imator is way behind

Really Sorry but this makes me very angry

Edited by Fox Miner

Not bad the pose is pretty good but the lighting looks kinda default, I got a few tips u could use to improve your lighting.

1. scale everything to 5 or 10 this give u better quality shadows

2. don't use the sun, idk if u used it here but it's best to turn that off by changing the sunlight colour to pure black and just use spot lights and point lights.

3. tho a bit more of a personal thing, I find that sharp shadows tend to look a lot better then soft shadows, u can change this by turning the shadow blur size down in render settings, anything between 20 and 0 can work depending on the render.

4. a way to make lights brighter is to turn the contrast up to 100 and the brightness up to 50, u will probably have to adjust the spot light and point light brightness so that looking at the render isn't like looking directly into the sun but it's a very useful trick when u get the hang of it

5. you can change the colour of shadows by changing the ambiance colour this is a very useful, tho if the project is set to night you would have to change the night colour 

that is everything I can think of for now to help u out hope u find this useful and pls stop being so passive aggressive to everyone.

1 minute ago, DragonPixel said:

Not bad the pose is pretty good but the lighting looks kinda default, I got a few tips u could use to improve your lighting.

1. scale everything to 5 or 10 this give u better quality shadows

2. don't use the sun, idk if u used it here but it's best to turn that off by changing the sunlight colour to pure black and just use spot lights and point lights.

3. tho a bit more of a personal thing, I find that sharp shadows tend to look a lot better then soft shadows, u can change this by turning the shadow blur size down in render settings, anything between 20 and 0 can work depending on the render.

4. a way to make lights brighter is to turn the contrast up to 100 and the brightness up to 50, u will probably have to adjust the spot light and point light brightness so that looking at the render isn't like looking directly into the sun but it's a very useful trick when u get the hang of it

5. you can change the colour of shadows by changing the ambiance colour this is a very useful, tho if the project is set to night you would have to change the night colour 

that is everything I can think of for now to help u out hope u find this useful and pls stop being so passive aggressive to everyone.

Thanks for the help man, I really appreciate that

14 minutes ago, Fox Miner said:

Eh.....

Okay you got me, I didn't really try. I'm just doing this Mine-imator thing because I have no PC, I use a laptop.

As soon as I have a better PC I'll move to blender to make stuff like this. But for now I'm stuck here at this Mine-imator thingy, so dont judge me If I don't have taste to do better at a program like this.

Sorry to the developers of Mine-imator, but Mine-imator is way behind.

Really sorry, but this makes me very angry.

Ok, 1. I just did you a huge favor by removing your bold text and fixing your formatting, spelling, and grammar.

And 2, Mine-Imator is not "way behind." Mine-Imator is actually far ahead of what should be possible, considering that the platform it was made in (GameMaker Studio) was not made to handle 3D graphics, much less lighting and complex shaders. At least give the devs the credit that is due to them, don't insult their program because it's maybe not quite as advanced as something like Blender, which was made with much more capable tools by a much larger team of people.

7 minutes ago, Draco63 said:

Ok, 1. I just did you a huge favor by removing your bold text and fixing your formatting, spelling, and grammar.

And 2, Mine-Imator is not "way behind." Mine-Imator is actually far ahead of what should be possible, considering that the platform it was made in (GameMaker Studio) was not made to handle 3D graphics, much less lighting and complex shaders. At least give the devs the credit that is due to them, don't insult their program because it's maybe not quite as advanced as something like Blender, which was made with much more capable tools by a much larger team of people.

I Apologised before, I just got angry because Jnick (much better then me) should get that I'm a noob and not just add some words like "youre just using the sun!?" It would be much better if he would have written that like DragonPixel (Awesome dude btw)

Sorry Again

Edited by Fox Miner

22 minutes ago, Fox Miner said:

Sorry to the Developers of Mine-imator, but Mine-imator is way behind

Bear in mind MI is being developed by one person (AFAIK; two if you include Voxy in regards to visual design) who likely gets very little, if any, money from this purely through optional donations only.

5 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

Bear in mind MI is being developed by one person (AFAIK; two if you include Voxy in regards to visual design) who likely gets very little, if any, money from this purely through optional donations only.

I SAID IM SORRY

OH MY GOD!?