Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey! Been a while.

I apologize for not posting here much, Although the forums isn't really my main focus for showcasing my work anymore
I won't go into much detail but the communities a bit of a trash-fire. And its not a trash-fire that I want to contribute to much anymore.

I thought it would be nice to drop a few recent-ish renders of mine here to make up for it though.
Hope you enjoy!

Connor Animations | 2021

Totally_Blender.png
(Most Recent)
Barren.png
(Rigs used: https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/76100-enviromental-props-pack/)
Voxel_Icon.png?width=640&height=640
(Rig Created by @SoundsDotZip and @__Mine__)
V_Day.png?width=1256&height=530
(Bit of an older render, Made for Valentines Day 2020, Featuring @Floofy yes cringe ik)

5 hours ago, Zyn said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE LAST ONE NOOOOO
I NEED BLEACHHHHHHHHHHHH

You'd better be joking. You know how he just said how the community on here was bad? Don't prove him right.

@JDButter Animations Btw, what exactly caused you to view this community as a "trash-fire?" I'm genuinely curious, I haven't really had many overly-negative interactions on here.

Edited by Draco63

6 hours ago, Zyn said:

I NEED BLEACHHHHHHHHHHHH

bleach jokes suck

also we're dating what did you expect

To add: @Draco63 , I believe he sees it as that because a vocal minority can ruin the mi forums experience for a lot of new people and/or just anyone in general, in his view at least.

Edited by Floofy

7 hours ago, Zyn said:

I NEED BLEACHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ah, yes. Thank you for contributing towards the toxicity this community badly suffers from.
People like you are the reason why more and more people regret posting their creations here.

1 hour ago, Draco63 said:

You'd better be joking. You know how he just said how the community on here was bad? Don't prove him right.

@JDButter Animations Btw, what exactly caused you to view this community as a "trash-fire?" I'm genuinely curious, I haven't really had many overly-negative interactions on here.

To be fair, you basically answered your own question in the form of your reply to Zyn.

2 hours ago, MojangYang said:

The first one is definitely not mi right? looks like blender eevee with sss

It probably is MI, there is a trick you can do with the lights to make it resemble Subsurface scattering.

I've done it several times before.

Edited by FOXY TOONS

39 minutes ago, FOXY TOONS said:

It probably is MI, there is a trick you can do with the lights to make it resemble Subsurface scattering.

I've done it several times before.

the glowing edges trick? it looks nothing like that though.

Edited by MojangYang

3 hours ago, MojangYang said:

the glowing edges trick? it looks nothing like that though.

@9redwoods made a subsurface scattering rig that looks very similar using light bleed, you should check it out it's really neat.

22 hours ago, Draco63 said:

Hi, Sorry for the late response

The forums can be good, Don't get me wrong, I've had many wonderful experiences involving the forums, But...

I've often seen a lot of people aren't very welcoming to newcomers, In many cases i've seen passionate new users come to the forums posting their first creations.
And instead of getting encouraging messages, They often get downvotes instead. I see a lot of toxic friend groups do this, And I've been in them and seen first-hand.

As Floofy put it, Theres a toxic vocal minority that often ruins the experience for me and other creators on the forum, But to be fair, Thats usually the case with every community and forum.
Also to be honest, I only really posted that last one because I knew it would attract that exact vocal minority, And I predicted right I think lol

A shorter Summary though;
MI's Community can be good, But theres a lot of rude and often annoying users that ruin the experience for me and a few other users.

19 hours ago, MojangYang said:

The first one is definitely not mi right? looks like blender eevee with sss

It is! I used a trick that 9redwoods first pioneered along with PCSS to achieve the look of SSS.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:05 AM, Zyn said:

I NEED BLEACHHHHHHHHHHHH

I understand your point of view seeing something unfamiliar and weird.
But rather than wailing and yapping about it, It would've been a lot easier and less bothersome if you just... Moved on with your day?