how do i make custom block textures?

MinerBat
Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

i want the old (minecraft alpha) cobblestone texture for my project. when you import a block there is an option browse for the texture. i looked at how the textures included in mine-imator are made, they are 16x16 textures with a .png extension. so i made a 16x16 .png file myself and clicked on it in browse. however, the cobblestone block now is just a blank gray cube without texture. i have imported player skins before to make herobrine and the classic zombie pigman, and i dont get why block textures would work any different?

6 answers to this question

Go to Nova Skin, they have a resource creator.

Here is a link:

https://minecraft.novaskin.me/resourcepacks

You can find other textures in the gallery.

Here is another link:

https://minecraft.novaskin.me/skin/4685255069138944/stone-alpha

I have never played the alpha versions of MineCraft. But I hope you are satisfied with this texture I found! 

1 hour ago, MinerBat said:

do i really have to download an entire texture pack just to have the old cobble texture? i though you could just import a .png file like you do with player skins? i rather won't import an entire texture pack just for one texture to preserve space on my computer.

there is an image for all the blocks in minecraft, which you can get from mine imator, if you are struggling to find it, i can send that to you and find the cobble texture and change it to some alpha type texture and apply it to the cobblestone.

that isn't what i mean. i did find the normal texture files, and i don't want to change the cobble texture in general because my project uses both the new and old ones, and if i would change it directly it would probably apply it to every cobble block in my project. but when you spawn a new block, you can either choose the default minecraft texture, but there is also an option "browse", which i assume you can just browse for another .png file which is the same size as the original, with player skins that is how it works anyway.