1.17 World Importing Below y=0

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi, wonderful animators! ?
This is my first post ^__^

I have recently gotten a lot more into making renders, learning the ropes of using Mine-imator, and I'm loving every bit of it.  I've been recently extra passionate with all the 1.17 stuff rolling out, special thanks to @MCPA Team for putting together the 1.17 resources and being so quick on updating with the newest features week to week with each major snapshot.

Here's a little snippet of what I've gotten to do with these new resources, thanks to their work on the resources!
ZJ8jHpG.png

Which brings me over to what I am wondering about--
I really love being able to build in my worlds and it's amazing how easy it is to just import directly into Mine-imator to make my renders.  The caveat is that I believe the limitation of importing is hard coded into Mine-imator for only selecting between y=0 and y=256, and won't even show anything outside this range, understandably so probably because it would be unnecessary and slower to render nothingness.  As of snapshot 21w06a, the world limits have been extended to range from y=-64 to y=320, now including some major, new cave generation in the negative depths of the world.  Naturally, I'm brainstorming all sorts of scenes I could make in these new beautiful caves with grimstone (currently "deepslate" as of 21w08a).

ISqej6K.png

I assume there probably isn't an easy patch to this without having to recompile the entire program-- which I don't have the means to do if it can only be done with a paid copy of GMS2 (let me know otherwise if it can be done without GMS2, and maybe I could do it lol... I don't have too much problem reading some code with text editors).  I'm guessing though that it might just be as easy as locating the code that limits between 0 and 256, and change the integers to -64 and 320 if the region .mca file structures didn't change otherwise?

Is this something that anyone would be able to look into and implement soon, or guide me on how to do this otherwise if it somehow doesn't require GMS2?  I would be eternally grateful!
I'm looking to possibly start a series on playing in the snapshots, and I just really want to be able to make some renders of the places I visit ^__^

Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day! ✨

The world importer is a separate program from Mine-imator and doesn't use GameMaker Studio. All you'll need to edit the files is Visual Studio (which is free), code can be downloaded from here; https://github.com/stuffbydavid/Mine-imator-world-importer

Support for the new default world size will come in 1.3 in late summer after Minecraft 1.17 is out. This way, 1.17 is done with experimental changes and I can make program changes accordingly to the final release.