Some Ideas for MB

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello everyone, these are some suggestions that I came up with yesterday. the ideas are a little crazy, it is likely that they will never be in Modelbench. but was looking forward to sharing these ideas with you anyway.

Change of interface and new way to modeling

oMLE7Vx.png

I know that many of you like the current interface of Modelbench, I must also say it, I also like it, but I find that the space that was designated to the tools is very wasted. The Current "Modeling" and "Render" tabs occupy an unnecessary section of the interface, taking up a lot of space.

Why can't the tools be hosted there, instead of the modeling workspace itself?

I know that the current ModelBench interface is focusing more on aesthetics and not on productivity. (there are programs that do not focus much on your appearance, and are still used for your productivity)

and I think things like this should not happen:

gJBcsO6.png

(I don't know if it's a bug or not, my screen resolution is very small and it makes the toolbars are one on top of the other.)

removing the tools in the modeling workspace allows for a better workflow, but what about the "Modeling" and "Render" button? don't worry, here is a simpler solution.

vmYFnMM.png

The button with a circle with an R, stands for "Render", it is a more simplified way to put this option next to the preview options.

Obviously, if someone accidentally pressed the button, a window should appear saying:
Do you want to render the current view? and option of yes or no, for those people and computers with low resources that generates lag when rendering a preview, and avoid that annoyance.

More navigation options

CsRNg17.png

how the "Walk Navigation" option was added
these options with for a more specific navigation.

The magnifying glass is a tool that would zoom when its button is pressed and drag the mouse with the left click pressed.

The arrows in +, is to move the camera by pressing its button and keeping the left click to move the camera.

Finally, the circle arrows, is to rotate the camera with the same previous method.

(the up and down arrows is an option that I will explain later)

See Y axis

vL2MYIB.png

I know it is necessary, but it is necessary for another type of workflow that I will explain later.

This axis represents the height in the work area, it would be an option to see it or not, in case you do not want to see it, it can be easily disabled to only work with the typical X and Z axes.

More than 1 view of work

7Isc7eZ.png

I know what they are thinking, and say it is impossible, but I wanted to suggest it anyway.

the movement of removing tools in the workspace leaves more freedom. Thanks to these tabs, multiple workspace may be possible, since the tools will be at the top of the program.

I will explain each of the tools in the image.

ZvoaJyo.png

selects the type of camera view from one of the selected view.

----------------------------

nKCXwDh.png

Select the organization of views of the workspace, such as using 1 space, 2, 3 or 4, and the organization of them.

icMnqUs.png

This option from the toolbar.
this is to configure each of the previews for each workspace view. you already know such as:
Main view: have only wind and no Ambient Occlusion
Second view: lighning and Ambient Occlusion
and so with all the views.
or that all views have a single configuration.

And obviously, this is where the Render button comes in. to render a specific view.
(I don't think I can render all views at once)

CsRNg17.png

Finally, the button with the 2 arrows (the first one with up and down arrows)
This button is to synchronize the view with another that has the same option activated.
For example, if I work in the main view and move my camera, the other views will not move, but if a view (such as number 3) has synchronization, when I move my camera in the main view, view number 3 It will depending on the type of view you have (because remember that you have the types of camera view).

More options for the UV panel.

As you know, the UV panel is very important to make the models, it establishes the texture of the model, and specifies the size of each cube and object used. the bad thing is that this panel will only open at the bottom of the program (there is no way to move it from there). There is also no option to put it in another place to be more comfortable, so here is an option to fix this problem.

nexZeD6.png

I think the image explains it by itself, but it would still be a pleasure to see these options for the UV panel.

Well, that would be all, remember that these are only suggestions and that I do not demand anything, it is only a demonstration to see how Modelbench would be with these characteristics and if you like them or not.

(It really was hard for me to do all this montage, but more than anything it is just to express my ideas)

(and sorry for my bad english ..)

What do you think?