Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Funny thing is, this was actually a political cartoon, and this is the render without the text. For clarification, It's R2-D2, in a burning unstable building, and he's holding up one of the collapsed support beams. I've gotten a lot of confused people when I shared this in the discords, so y'know.

vDJTxqu.png

5 hours ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

It's R2, not Artoo...

Anyway, looks really good.

R2-D2 and C-3PO's names are canonically spelled Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio. They are never referred to as R2-D2 and C-3PO in the books for A New Hope.

5 hours ago, Supreme Whovian said:

This is beautiful, but could you release this variant plz?zuw79fe8l0961.png?width=1280&format=png&

That depends, haha. I have been debating it though. He's made a bit of progress as of recent, though. I haven't made an "official" showcase post yet for a reason.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

But he is often referred to (by characters and in the captions) as Artoo (at least in the Clone Wars).

Correct! It technically is R2-D2, but it has also been spelled out countless times throughout Star Wars.

38 minutes ago, XxxTheRedrocker95xxX said:

R2-D2 and C-3PO's names are canonically spelled Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio. They are never referred to as R2-D2 and C-3PO in the books for A New Hope.

That depends, haha. I have been debating it though. He's made a bit of progress as of recent, though. I haven't made an "official" showcase post yet for a reason.

Ā 

Correct! It technically is R2-D2, but it has also been spelled out countless times throughout Star Wars.

That is just teasing. that model is BEAUTIFUL and looks perfect. It's the only R2 rig I can find for MineImator. Please make a plan to release! However, i will respect your wishes with your reason.Ā 

2 hours ago, XxxTheRedrocker95xxX said:

Ā 

You dare speak of Canon to me, mortal?Ā 

? I'm jk. I assume you're referring to the novelization of A New Hope, and yeah you're right, books and subtitles say Artoo IĀ guess because that's how it's pronounced.(I just don't like Artoo because it reminds me of when Ahsoka callsĀ him 'Artooy' in CW S1?)

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

You dare speak of Canon to me, mortal?Ā 

? I'm jk. I assume you're referring to the novelization of A New Hope, and yeah you're right, books and subtitles say Artoo IĀ guess because that's how it's pronounced.(I just don't like Artoo because it reminds me of when Ahsoka callsĀ him 'Artooy' in CW S1?)

The novelization called him Artoo, as does the subtitles for Clone Wars, (The prequels too, if I'm not mistaken.) The spelling was also used on numerous of the merchandise releases of the character as well. I tend to use both names to refer to him.

Infact, my model, (Only the second version of my hyperealistic R2, which has only been shown in the discord. lets say it's a pretty huge upgrade, a real glowup.) is specifically based on the movie prop from A New Hope, not any of the other movies. Artoo has dozens of different props that were used, and they are all different from eachother, so I wanted a consistent model to work off of.

2 hours ago, Supreme Whovian said:

That is just teasing. that model is BEAUTIFUL and looks perfect. It's the only R2 rig I can find for MineImator. Please make a plan to release! However, i will respect your wishes with your reason.Ā 

If I release any of my models, this is one of the most likely candidates. He's pretty much complete, outside of some Z-Fighting on a few of the panels. That, and I'd also like to make more droid skins for him. I'll put a post up whenever I do.

46 minutes ago, XxxTheRedrocker95xxX said:

If I release any of my models, this is one of the most likely candidates. He's pretty much complete, outside of some Z-Fighting on a few of the panels. That, and I'd also like to make more droid skins for him. I'll put a post up whenever I do.

k thanks.Ā