Having Trouble Importing Projects (I'm a newbie)

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi. I was planning on messing around with a facial rig in Modelbench, and the file for the rig is a .miproject. However, if I try and import a project, it only shows the option to import models. I've been trying to figure this out for around 2 hours, and It's just getting on my nerves. There's no results online, either. So some help would really be appreciated. Sorry if this may waste anyone's time, I'm just new and dumb.

29 minutes ago, DewBobson said:

Yep. I was planning on editing the rig.

Ah, yeah the instructions at the top of the link mean to import the miproject file into Mine-imator, rather than the mimodel file into Mine-imator. This is usually because they used Modelbench to create the base rig and then added more to it in Mine-imator that can't be added via Modelbench.

So you can technically import the mimodel into Modelbench but it will lack important features. Or, you can import the miproject into Mine-imator and see if you can make the edits you want from in there (recommended). Since this is a public facial rig, I guarantee it's made with customization in mind.

7 hours ago, DewBobson said:

Sorry if I was being dumb.

Don't be harsh on yourself.. it gets kinda old pretty fast when you act like a life coach or at least in a way.

if you think your dumb, just let that thought go, your respected like everybody else, your smart and i know it.

Edited by insanehelix7076

On 2/10/2021 at 6:10 PM, DewBobson said:

Hi. I was planning on messing around with a facial rig in Modelbench, and the file for the rig is a .miproject. However, if I try and import a project, it only shows the option to import models. I've been trying to figure this out for around 2 hours, and It's just getting on my nerves. There's no results online, either. So some help would really be appreciated. Sorry if this may waste anyone's time, I'm just new and dumb.

Don't call yourself dumb. Don't speak anything negative about yourself, you aren not dumb. You are created in the image of God.