Pixel Lover wants to Offer idea stylized shadows

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

How do you like the idea?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you like the idea?

• I want to make a shader in minecraft itself!
    • Normal :)
    • Not for me
    • Bad Idea. The truth is bad!

Greetings to the people and even more so to the developers of this great program. I want to offer one idea to you =3

The idea is to change the display of shadows on the surface of the texture, namely, so that the shadow occupies its one pixel of a texture.

Of course, it is not quite clear in words, so here are some examples that were changed manually with the help of the editor and an example that was created from crutches, but in which you can fly independently.

And here's video that perfectly fits the idea. Take a closer look at how the shadow changes pixel by pixel

Spoiler

Thanks author =3

And comparison =3

Spoiler

1.How_the_shadow_usually_works.png
Here the shadow goes along the texture without any binding of the hue to the pixels

2.Size_down_in_pixel.png
Here, one hue takes up one pixel

3.Stylized.png
I like it

4.Original.png
How could it look with the lighting settings like in minecraft

5.Original_in_stylized.png
And this one too :)

It would be even better if it can be switched (Although this is natural, not everyone will use this feature!)

Spoiler

Extrabutton.png

Well, how do you like this idea, users and developers? Will it look pretty? Do you like this idea of stylized shadows?

And is it possible to implement it?

Edited by Tailsrus

Mine-Imator's shader system will be totally changed in the next version 1.3
Now, I don't know if the shadows will be totally personalized to create the style you want.

if I remember correctly, the shaders you are looking for are called "Cel Shaders" / "Toon Shaders" (because they look like that).

Teapot-model-rendered-by-a-photo-realist

There is the option for Game Maker (program with which mine-imator is made) to add those shaders here:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/toon-and-outline-shaders.73138/

but it's up to @Nimi to add them or not.

(although honestly, I don't think he adds it, I think it would imply changing the entire shader system again)