Lag WITH hidden objects.

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

OK. Mineimator needs a serious performance update. I do not understand what causes it, but trying to load one of my models will just destroy the frame-rate, but my CPU, GPU and RAM usage are very little. Even hiding the cubes and objects does nothing. Literally nothing.  the cubes vanish and the frame-rate stays the same with nothing in the workspace.

The program is bottle-necking itself and giving itself enough resources to run properly. I've tried running in compatibility modes, running as administrator, re-installing. NOTHING. not even changing the inbuilt settings work. 

If anyone discovers a fix for this please tell me how to rectify.

Performance is pretty bad as you keep drawing keyframes alone, by the end of a 10 minute animation you usually have a big hit on framerate. Also having "toggle controls, wireframes and highlights" enabled takes another big hit on framerates, as well as having the camera window opened.

I reckon Nimi was working on framerate improvements, for instance not rendering what isn't seen behind blocks. Im hoping 1.3.0 makes thing better.