Some icon proposals

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

As you know, a few days ago the Mine-Imator @Voxy designer showed what the new Mine-imator and ModelBench icons would be like.
If you did not see them, here is the post:
https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/profile/20285-voxy/&status=200957&type=status

I really like both, but I don't feel like they don't represent the basic themes that Mine-Imator and ModelBench had.
for Mine-Imator the typical workbench, and for Modelbench the typical divided square icon.

(I understand that Voxy wants to represent everything that the program does with the iconography) the new icons represent what the programs are, one for Animation (Mine-Imator) and the other for Model Making (Modelbench).

but I feel like it doesn't take advantage of what the program used to be and the icons that marked it.

The day before yesterday I made an icon for Modelbench following the Voxy scheme (put a Hexagon with a 3D item)

and following the themes that Mine-Imator and Modelbench had, I created these icons:

ded8f93-8cf2f473-ca13-4635-af95-c7a618b1

It is just a proposal, but I feel that it represents a little more what Mine-Imator and ModelBench are.
What do you think?

Edited by Annie-Mienai

I like the idea, and I get the reasoning behind them, but there's one thing I don't like about them.

Both of these are basically just items in hexagons, while Voxy's ones are 3D (by that I mean it has different depths at different parts), and I think putting technically squares into the hexagons defeat the purpose of hexagons. (Whatever's in the hexagons should have a unique shape to them)