Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

12 minutes ago, golemcz said:

so you mean simplify is my guess. To much things to follow.

I mean, you don't have to follow it if you want, he was just giving you some advice on how to make it look better because it kinda looks a bit messy and it doesn't fit with the style of minecraft.

Aside from what @9redwoods said, the texture also has a lot of noise in it. My suggestion is, take inspiration (and color palettes) from minecraft itself. For example, you could use actual spruce planks for the wooden part, and for the metal part you could use edited iron bars.

37 minutes ago, Draco63 said:

Aside from what @9redwoods said, the texture also has a lot of noise in it. My suggestion is, take inspiration (and color palettes) from minecraft itself. For example, you could use actual spruce planks for the wooden part, and for the metal part you could use edited iron bars.

Im not sure this model has noise in it and does have a color palette but this was just the form he made it

2 hours ago, Draco63 said:

The color theme for the metal was chosen by myself, but the wooden part was made based on original spruce planks texture. I just picked the colors from it and made it to draw different variations around that color. I will try to remake the metal part based on color pallete of iron bars, thx for tip.

2 hours ago, insanehelix7076 said:

Im not sure this model has noise in it and does have a color palette but this was just the form he made it

The metal parts are bit noisy by how I made them, but I like them that way pretty much. The color palette for wooden parts was picked from original spruce plank texture.

3 hours ago, Swingzero said:

I mean, you don't have to follow it if you want, he was just giving you some advice on how to make it look better because it kinda looks a bit messy and it doesn't fit with the style of minecraft.

As I see it, it has a bit contrasty feeling with the wooden texture being zebra like switching between darker and lighter variations. I made it based on spruce planks texture so it turned out this way. About the shape, I think i dont want to make it too smoothly simplified, because i want it to have it more like sturdy shape which has to have some mass. Maybe I'll remake it from the base, but definitelly change the texture and shape a little but. Thx for comment.

I see what you're going for and I really have to agree with the minecraft modeling tips. Minecraft consists of linear 3D planes and obvious blocks. Your model resembles something that was made for a voxel type game or art format that doesn't really fit into minecraft without it having the "looks off" thought to it.

My biggest suggestion is to understand minecraft and how it's current models work aesthetically with its limited shapes and proportions.

If anything work on some rough draft designs of how a barrel may look in a minecraft world before texturing. Helps me a ton with my own models.

Best of luck and I hope to see more :)

2 hours ago, Zerghunter666 said:

I see what you're going for and I really have to agree with the minecraft modeling tips. Minecraft consists of linear 3D planes and obvious blocks. Your model resembles something that was made for a voxel type game or art format that doesn't really fit into minecraft without it having the "looks off" thought to it.

My biggest suggestion is to understand minecraft and how it's current models work aesthetically with its limited shapes and proportions.

If anything work on some rough draft designs of how a barrel may look in a minecraft world before texturing. Helps me a ton with my own models.

Best of luck and I hope to see more :)

Thank you for your comment! This is sort of just preview how I visioned it to look like, but I'm not againts changing it from the base, want to make it J U S T   R I G H T.