Simple Description for .mimodel files

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A very simple option for .mimodel models. The idea is that in ModelBench there is an option to add a description to the model, as shown in this image:

decmr8i-f2cf3733-5d1e-4c65-a6c5-2c409b68

It would be an optional feature for the model that contains a title for the description, the description itself, and the authors of the model (there is currently no way to add authors to the models).

the lines of code in .mimodel format would be the following in the "Model Properties" section.

decmr82-faa0f49e-b044-4e7e-bfe8-49738d4d

Now, how would this affect Mine-Imator?

Very simple, the idea is that when Mine-Imator imports the .mimodel file, it checks if it has a description or not. In case the description is activated when importing the model to the project, show the following window:

decmr8b-c04d85a2-72c4-40d6-9fdb-18481e81

the window will have a preview of the model, and will display the title, description and authors of the model.

For clarification, the so-called "Model Name" is not the same as the "Description Title". The "Model Name" is the name that is shown on the timeline and the "Description Title" is a separate title that the author wants to give the model.

Now, what benefits can this bring?

well, apart from describing all the authors who may have collaborated on a model. It also serves to describe terms of use of the models and even to be an advertising method of its own, you know, how to put a YouTube channel, social network and even some contact such as email.

It is a somewhat simple suggestion, but I feel that it may be necessary to describe characteristics of the models (such as the character it represents), terms of use and their respective authors.

And yes, I know that .mimodel models files can be edited by notepad, but when one downloads the model and import it to Mine-Imator, it is not expected to have a description or not (as I said, it would be an optional feature).

also, Mine-Imator has this feature for the .miproject files:

Spoiler

decmte6-fa5fc852-dfdd-4fa7-b86e-dc050ae7

decmtdz-9a2c72f0-8ef2-47fb-a76a-9b00a3fc

decmtdw-a7e6f0c8-f1d3-4460-a812-67db90a6

so... why can't the .mimodel files have this feature?

Edited by Annie-Mienai
Update Image