Nimi

Dev update #20: 2020 wrap-up and 1.3 progress update

4 hours ago, moniker said:

This is not how software development work. You have to put barriers in your software so memory leaks never happen.

Look, if such barriers were added, some of my animations would be impossible to animate from the amount of stuff I import being denied of access because it would “surpass the data limit” that Mine-Imator would have programmed in it! It may look useful for you, but it would put a-lot of limits to animators since Game Maker wasn’t built for this kind of thing.

30 minutes ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

Look, if such barriers were added, some of my animations would be impossible to animate from the amount of stuff I import being denied of access because it would “surpass the data limit” that Mine-Imator would have programmed in it! It may look useful for you, but it would put a-lot of limits to animators since Game Maker wasn’t built for this kind of thing.

That has nothing to do with a memory leak.

5 hours ago, moniker said:

That has nothing to do with a memory leak.

I hate to break it to you kid, but most of your ideas are just not as worth it as you think they are. Yes, there are a few that are actually good, but most of them (and this one) just don’t have the potential.

The thing is that most people currently don’t need most of these features as Mine-Imator is already great as it is. It’s a simple software designed for helping people making simple, yet amazing animations, add all of these complex features, the simplicity vanishes away. There would be an extra few layers of complexity that would turn the software into something like Cinema4D, but free, which is not the point of Mine-Imator.

I am not a developer, or a moderator, I am just sharing my opinion. You have the right to ignore me completely, but I just want you to consider it.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:02 AM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

I hate to break it to you kid, but most of your ideas are just not as worth it as you think they are. Yes, there are a few that are actually good, but most of them (and this one) just don’t have the potential.

The thing is that most people currently don’t need most of these features as Mine-Imator is already great as it is. It’s a simple software designed for helping people making simple, yet amazing animations, add all of these complex features, the simplicity vanishes away. There would be an extra few layers of complexity that would turn the software into something like Cinema4D, but free, which is not the point of Mine-Imator.

I am not a developer, or a moderator, I am just sharing my opinion. You have the right to ignore me completely, but I just want you to consider it.

Wrong. This isn't even about adding new features but about fixing a bug that causes a memory leak. Even David and Nimi upvoted my posts about it.

1 minute ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

For the final time, a component in the rig was causing it!!! There is nothing defective with Mine-Imator like you claim there is!

There was nothing wrong with the rig. It was Mine-imator's faulty handling of text which requires a bugfix for Mine-imator that'll come in 1.3. Now-- we're moving on from this.

15 hours ago, Nimi said:

There was nothing wrong with the rig. It was Mine-imator's faulty handling of text which requires a bugfix for Mine-imator that'll come in 1.3. Now-- we're moving on from this.

Thank you for clearing the confusion! :) 

Hmmm.... Can MI Have a Timer, I mean Time Counter. Yes if you have seen the Portal Minecraft Animations, You will notice that It have A Time Counter. Like Text, But The Number of it is moving from 0-somewhere around 1000.