Dev update #20: 2020 wrap-up and 1.3 progress update

"Frustum culling"

So we will finally be able to work with smooth FPS while having loaded big schematics and cubes/objects? As it stands Mineimator FPS slow downs so easy after you add an schematic, some cubes and objects for the finishing touches + have 2 or 3 minutes of keyframes. Also having the Camera window and "Toggle controls, wireframes and highighs in this view" enabled makes it worse.

Btw I have found a strange Memory leak:

Something on that rig causes Mineimator to consume an infinite amount of RAM (it keeps going up until it collapses). Tested on both 1.2.6 and 1.2.7.

Edited by moniker

4 hours ago, moniker said:

"Frustum culling"

So we will finally be able to work with smooth FPS while having loaded big schematics and cubes/objects? As it stands Mineimator FPS slow downs so easy after you add an schematic, some cubes and objects for the finishing touches + have 2 or 3 minutes of keyframes. Also having the Camera window and "Toggle controls, wireframes and highighs in this view" enabled makes it worse.

Btw I have found a strange Memory leak:

Something on that rig causes Mineimator to consume an infinite amount of RAM (it keeps going up until it collapses). Tested on both 1.2.6 and 1.2.7.

If it’s a rig causing it then I wouldn’t entirely say the software itself is the problem.

1 hour ago, Aric Horn said:

hey nimi before you release this in the summer time, i want you to add this feature in the resolution..

"QLED 8K" this feature will make renders look fantastic in 8K resolution, people has been requesting this for almost 2 years, this feature might be perfect for the 1.3.0 lighting and graphics

Due to the new graphical features, exporting 4k renders and animations will be difficult for the program.(Depending on computer specs and what settings are enabled.) I can't imagine Mine-imator handling 8k exporting due to the memory requirements of the resolution. Besides, you can set a custom resolution if you need or want to try 8k exporting.

7 hours ago, Nimi said:

Due to the new graphical features, exporting 4k renders and animations will be difficult for the program.(Depending on computer specs and what settings are enabled.) I can't imagine Mine-imator handling 8k exporting due to the memory requirements of the resolution. Besides, you can set a custom resolution if you need or want to try 8k exporting.

in short we can just use the custom resolution on the camera to make it 8k. Right?

The rig is not some super complex thing, it's just a medkit with some stuff inside. There's clearly something wrong going on in there.

Because there is a component (or two) within that medkit that is consuming all of the data. This causes Mine-Imator to act slow and then crash. There is literally nothing wrong with the software.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:54 AM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

Because there is a component (or two) within that medkit that is consuming all of the data. This causes Mine-Imator to act slow and then crash. There is literally nothing wrong with the software.

This is not how software development work. You have to put barriers in your software so memory leaks never happen.

This is not how software development work. You have to put barriers in your software so memory leaks never happen.

Look, if such barriers were added, some of my animations would be impossible to animate from the amount of stuff I import being denied of access because it would “surpass the data limit” that Mine-Imator would have programmed in it! It may look useful for you, but it would put a-lot of limits to animators since Game Maker wasn’t built for this kind of thing.