Nether portal lightning test

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1. The lightning stays as a still frame for too long to look real. Either animate the lightining itself, or make it appear for only one frame and be completely stationary.

2. The texture used is just a glow effect around blank space. What you should do is have a completely white lightning texture, then use MI's glow effect on it and turn the glow color to purple.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:05 PM, LacaMenDRY said:

The Lighting Animation looks really like an Image that just being animated. I recommended you To Make the lighting in Just Few secs, Because Lighting in real life have Short Time shows up. 

it is an image that is being animated, is there another, better way I could do this?

On 12/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, Draco63 said:

1. The lightning stays as a still frame for too long to look real. Either animate the lightining itself, or make it appear for only one frame and be completely stationary.

2. The texture used is just a glow effect around blank space. What you should do is have a completely white lightning texture, then use MI's glow effect on it and turn the glow color to purple.

Ok, I will try to make the lightning quicker, I will also try to improve my glow, thanks for the feedback!

it is an image that is being animated, is there another, better way I could do this?

Answer:You better find a different lightning In the Google, Then Animate it with static/90° Angle Transition, That is A surface, But With different textures every frame.