There's a problem with the world importer

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I'm a small content creator and wanted to start an animation series based on my smp, I turned the world map into a singleplayer world, tried to import it, and there's this error message that keeps popping up again and again, pretty sure half of the people here know what im talking about. I'm so desperate for help, pls tell me what can I do to fix it

Edited by RyanShadowStudios

I am going to assume that he is talking about, how the 1.16 worlds do not load in the world importer, causing an error named like this:

Spoiler

Unhanded exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Cannot implicitly convert type 'import.NBTTag' to "import.NBTList'. An explicit conversion exist (are you missing a cast?).

There is currently one method to work arounds on this. Try to update the chunks to fix it if your world was opened to 1.16, but that works to some extent. (Some blocks are invisible)

Here is the link to a tread that led to a potential fix. (Based on others responses it should work.):

Spoiler

Edited by Lock_downmc213