Projects don't load when I load X amount of textures

moniker
Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Im making an animation using a bunch of sprites so I have to load many .png images. Looks like I hit a certain treshhold. They aren't small images The program doesn't crash while im working on things, I discover I've crossed that treshold once I load the project again and it crashes when trying to load, rendering the project useless. Please upgrade the amount of stuff you can load on the program.

Edited by moniker

6 answers to this question

This program isn't made to hold many many large images, if you want something like that move over to blender or other 3d software.

i honestly don't understand how you don't get it yet, this isn't a professional software, this isn't made for grand projects.

Edited by Floofy

2 hours ago, Floofy said:

This program isn't made to hold many many large images, if you want something like that move over to blender or other 3d software.

i honestly don't understand how you don't get it yet, this isn't a professional software, this isn't made for grand projects.

They aren't large images. I've got around 40mb worth of png images loaded on the project that crashes. 40mb isn't a big number in 2020 isn't it.

10 hours ago, moniker said:

Im making an animation

I'm finding this hard to believe, considering you've literally never posted a single creation and done nothing but complain constantly about the program for the past five years. I've never even seen you thank Nimi even once for all of your whims he's catered to; you just immediately start complaining about something else no-one had a problem with.

10 hours ago, Floofy said:

how many images are there

It's not about the number of images but the total size loaded. Case in point, I converted the biggest image I had loaded from png to jpg, and it loaded. Problem is, I need transparencies on the rest of images so they must stay in .png. The program just hits a wall past a certain amount of mb's loaded for some reason.

I think I may be hitting a 2GB RAM limit with the project? I reckon reading Mineimator was limited to only 2GB. As of right now the Mine-imator.exe process is using 2GB, it loads, but im assuming once i add the stuff I deleted again I would hit this 2GB limit? However the folder of the project is only 66MB, so I don't get it. I wish there was a way to get around this very strict limitation, but apparently we are doomed with this due Gamemaker version of MI not working with 64bit binaries.

Edited by moniker