Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I like to see more about lighting.

what I mean here is In MI we just have 2 Lightsource,1. From Point Light,2.And From Spotlight. And From the nature is light produced by a Sun. So what feature that I want MI to have is The Light that produced By A Cube shape,or Cylinder,etc. I got this Idea when I was working With Lighting few days ago. from Cyberpunk Lighting,To A 2029 Gaming Room. what if Mi have Something like cube for example that became a light source,Then If we resize the cube,the light will resize depends on the Cube it self. so more Annoying is like this IF MI doesn't have that feature:

zWagJU8.png

bGBTAXv.png

As you can see,If we want to make a long light source lamp like on the mall,or laboratoy basement,Or for the example is this. We still need to duplicate the pointlight to make a right perfect fit to the environment. So this is the Question:Can MI Have light source that produced by a cube?  and if ya guys have some tips,and trick,Please let me now.   Stay Safe.

Edited by LacaMenDRY
Add lamp text.

Mine-imator 1.3's SSGI feature allows light to bounce once from any "lit" surface, whether the surface be lit from a light source, or the surface itself is bright. It's not recommended to double down on using SSGI for mesh lighting as it can give crude results(lighting is based on surface visibility to the camera, SSGI settings such as range and strength are global to the scene), but it's certainly something you can use for quick and dirty automatic lighting.

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Pretty sure this has already been suggested, and I'm almost positive Nimi said he's not planning on adding emissive materials. 

Hmm already been suggested? Oh sorry I didn't know that, Well Nimi not planning on adding Emissive Materials? Okay. But we now have SSGI Like RTX that bounce of the light. 

2 minutes ago, Nimi said:

Mine-imator 1.3's SSGI feature allows light to bounce once from any "lit" surface, whether the surface be lit from a light source, or the surface itself is bright. It's not recommended to double down on using SSGI for mesh lighting as it can give crude results(lighting is based on surface visibility to the camera, SSGI settings such as range and strength are global to the scene), but it's certainly something you can use for quick and dirty automatic lighting.

SSGI Concept is like a RTX Concept that is the same how it works. So for example if Light that near into something like Blue Cube, Then the light that came from the light source is bouncing from blue cube that makes realistic, or even we can say that Is RTX MI Version. Love it. 

58 minutes ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong (again, haven't used MI for like a year) but I think you can make the parented light's size proportional to the object (unless that's only for objects parented to objects).

Of course just relax man. 

Do you mean Proportional duplicating object?  Sorry I don't understand with English language that to complex. I tried on Google translate but a I don't understand. 

4 hours ago, LacaMenDRY said:

Do you mean Proportional duplicating object?

What I'm saying is that:

If you, for example, parent a point light to a cube, I think there's an option to make the light grow larger/smaller if the cube also gets larger/smaller (though again, I may not be remembering correctly).

On 11/11/2020 at 4:13 AM, Yoshifan33 said:

What I'm saying is that:

If you, for example, parent a point light to a cube, I think there's an option to make the light grow larger/smaller if the cube also gets larger/smaller (though again, I may not be remembering correctly).

I mean if the cube size increases into bigger size XYZ Is the same number, then We can make the point light range larger, but if The Cube Just Increase the size just on X Axis? 

Edited by LacaMenDRY

2 hours ago, LacaMenDRY said:

I mean if the cube size increases into bigger size XYZ Is the same number, then We can make the point light range larger, but if The Cube Just Increase the size just on X Axis? 

Okay, I think I see what you mean - something that only increases one measurement (like you said about just the X axis)? That is a good idea IMO.