Sugestion Upgrade Mine-Imator to 64-bit with better optimazions?

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The next update for GameMaker (2.3.1) will bring x64 support for Windows games/apps, though Mine-imator can't easily update to it without a major overhaul of its code since a recent GameMaker update (2.3) shook up how it's programming language works. Not prepared just yet to overhaul almost all the scripts in Mine-imator/Modelbench so no promises on that.

Mine-imator 1.3 has some optimizations planned such as splitting scenery into chunks and using frustum culling on them, and other objects in the scene to increase performance/reduce render times. Also splitting the render process during exporting to reduce crashes/unresponsiveness during rendering but in exchange for longer render times. I haven't gotten to this point in development so no promises here either.

Also remaking Mine-imator/Modelbench in a different engine would just move the program limitations over to the new engine, it's preferred to remake them in C++ or another high-level language. Though in either scenario, it'd take too long and I'm leaving after some 1.3 patch so I don't have the time for it. ?‍♀️