Guys why did you fight over a rig anyways? Its created by the players idea. They can create in the style they like and nobody can judge their opinion. Sure maybe you dont like it but the creator does. It doesnt make sense for you to argue over a simple rig. Its just a piece of imagination in their style. Dont blame others because they created something you disagree with because of the facts from minecract. Just forget it. Its crazy to fight over a rig cause you dont like it (unless it was inappropriate but this isnt its just a pie)

4 minutes ago, GamersOnVideos said:

the fact that you guys are pretty much flaming on 9red for giving a opinion and a suggestion to someones work dissapoints me, that's like the entire point of posting something on the forums pretty much.

the guy made a rig, if you don't like something about it you can criticize it. that is usually the entire reason people post something. so people can improve from the criticism they get, or choose to ignore it if they don't agree with the criticism given, which happend in this case. but it went more to a defense rant.

the person who made the model didn't even say anything, just people in the comments saying red's criticism didn't matter cause "it looks fine to me" and "it looks like the in game sprite" its like it wasn't just an Opinion.

Im surprised so many people in this topic keep arguing over a simple pie model. Thats absurd. Its like they are lost in insanity that makes them act normally on every other outcome that isnt the specific one to cause craziness on them.

Jeez, I forgot giving suggestions to creators wasn't allowed. I'll remind Red not to give feedback next time :thumbsup:

On a serious note, the feedback on Red's input is very disappointing. A lot of the commentators who replied have based their opinions on ill-informed assumptions. I would not like to let this stand unexplained. (Yes, I know I'm late, and there are a lot of comments to catch up with)

One of the seemingly common counter-arguments to Red's suggestion is that MC's pumpkin pie item is cylindrical, therefore the 3D model should be allowed to follow that geometry.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:22 PM, Yoshifan33 said:

other than the pie sprite? like, the thing it's actually based on?

On 10/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, Keep on Chucking said:

Minecraft's in-game pumpkin pie is round in the texture so your point makes no sense. 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:09 AM, Voxy said:

Ah yes, getting pissy and arguing because a pie model looks like the in-game sprite.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:41 PM, Yoshifan33 said:

i'd like to restate: the pie does, in fact, look like the in-game pie. 

However, it seems that you haven't drawn the conclusion that MC's item textures are often very different from the actual 3D models used in the game. Minecraft's cake is a great example. Obviously, the item is cylindrical but the 3D object is a square. Thus this counter argument is very flawed, seemingly as it doesn't look at the rest of the game for further information on standards.

My point? MC's item textures do not depict the 3D model's geometry.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:33 AM, Jnick said:

9red and forst not everyone follows the mc rules down to a key

On 10/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, Keep on Chucking said:

Not everything has to be exactly minecraft, geez, let people explore some styles freely without nitpickings things like this.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:07 PM, SocialMediaAnimations said:

using voxel like models in minecraft animations / renders is an artistic choise

23 hours ago, insanehelix7076 said:

Guys why did you fight over a rig anyways? Its created by the players idea. They can create in the style they like and nobody can judge their opinion. Sure maybe you dont like it but the creator does. It doesnt make sense for you to argue over a simple rig. Its just a piece of imagination in their style. Dont blame others because they created something you disagree with because of the facts from minecract. Just forget it. Its crazy to fight over a rig cause you dont like it 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mercury said:

whenever you feel you should make sometime ‘voxel’, don’t be afraid! Can’t believe this forum still is filled with such things and can’t leave it behind smh

On 10/20/2020 at 10:24 AM, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Voicing your opinion on a rig Is one thing, but some of you seem to saying he made it wrong

As if there's some sort of 'correct' way to make a pie in Mine-imator.

The guy made a rig, and if you don't like the way he made it get over it and move on with your life.

It appears that many of the defending commentators here have made a devastating misconception, believing that Red's statement was in some way "forcing" his style opinion on the creator. However if you actually look at Red's comment, you'll notice that it was actually a suggestion, one that could be denied or accepted depending on the creator's preferences. That is what we do here, after all.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, 9redwoods said:

I'd suggest making it square. 

After a while, some members were already cancelling Red's suggestion with their own opinions before the creator even got a say in what he wanted to do with the suggestion. It's the creator's choice, not yours. Sure, you can state your opinion, but please don't try to negate someone else's with yours. You don't get to choose what happens with the model either. Maybe offer some of your own suggestions, instead of telling someone else to back off because they attempted to help the creator.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, __Mine__ said:

while additionally mass-downvoting everyone who even dares to disagree with your harshness.

Not sure where the "harsh" description came from. The suggestion wasn't harsh at all, just plain and straight to the point with no rudeness. Heck, the suggestion was only 5 words, I'm not sure what's so harsh about that. All other messages sent by Red and I were simply defending the validity of the suggestion. These messages were not even directed to the model or the creator, which is where the assumed "harsh"ness is presumed to be directed to.

We weren't even harsh in our defense to the claims that were made. Since when was upholding your own claims considered this preposterous?

On 10/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, __Mine__ said:

EDIT: Thanks for all the downvotes, you two... guess that's what I deserve for having another incorrect opinion, huh.

Your opinion isn't "incorrect", nobody's is. Please don't bring irrelevant self pity into this.

Some stated that there was a "flame war" happening in the topic, when in reality Red and I had backed off the field while everyone else attacked the suggestion. A very one-sided flame war, if anything.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mercury said:

It’s just that not everyone agrees with your style, and sometimes it would be nice for you to use the square pattern, but whenever you feel you should make sometime ‘voxel’, don’t be afraid! Can’t believe this forum still is filled with such things and can’t leave it behind smh

Once again, we never forced the creator to change anything, it was only a suggestion. Now about "Filled with such things", since when was suggesting considered a bad thing? I'd rather the forums not leave behind users suggesting things to creators.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:09 AM, Voxy said:

Ah yes, getting pissy and arguing because a pie model looks like the in-game sprite.

Honestly confused as to where the description "pissy" came from, as far as I remember, suggesting an alternative wasn't labeled as "pissy". Both Red and I acted respectfully while defending the suggestion's validity. Kinda disappointing to hear this come from MI's Visual Designer ?

On 10/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, __Mine__ said:

Imagine being so against one thing not precisely being in the Minecraft style that you bash on the work to the point of making the creator feel terrible and regret posting it, while additionally mass-downvoting everyone who even dares to disagree with your harshness.

No wonder people consider this community to be toxic. Hope you're real proud of yourselves.

Our intention was not to make the creator feel bad, it is obviously not expected for them to get upset about a suggestion. I have a feeling this might've branched off from all the negativity to Red's comment, possibly giving a skewed perception to the creator. Definitely would've helped if you all hadn't attacked it ?

Funny how you mention "mass-downvoting", while your opposing side downvoted significantly more than Red and I ever did. You don't have much room to talk.

Once again you claim that our comments are "harsh". I touched on this earlier.

Since when was calmly suggesting things considered "toxic"? 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:24 AM, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Voicing your opinion on a rig Is one thing, but some of you seem to saying he made it wrong

As if there's some sort of 'correct' way to make a pie in Mine-imator.

Neither Red nor I ever stated that the model was ever "wrong". Red's suggestion wasn't a complaint; there's a difference.

18 hours ago, insanehelix7076 said:

Im surprised so many people in this topic keep arguing over a simple pie model. Thats absurd. Its like they are lost in insanity that makes them act normally on every other outcome that isnt the specific one to cause craziness on them.

The funny thing is that Red and I stopped replying fairly early, even before the wave of overly-defensive and ill-informed comments arrived.

I don't like making long posts like these, but I wanted to make some things clear. 

This post was not directed at the creator or the model itself; it is directed at the users mentioned.

It honestly saddens me to see the community attack such simple suggestions like this ?

On 10/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, 9redwoods said:

This just doesn't fit with minecraft. Minecraft isn't a voxel game, and this pie model is very voxelized and has a high surface count. It just doesn't match anything.

Here's a good reference to go off of when it comes to modeling round objects.

019-Modeling-Round-Shapes.png

Not everything has to "look like minecraft" bub. Let people make what they want to make. Restrictions like these are what kill communities. You are contributing to the death of this community