I made a Pie model, simple as that.

Includes Alt Textures for Various pies (or you can make one yourself.)

https://ibb.co/9pxsHMD

https://ibb.co/jTTNMxb

https://ibb.co/gvDLQBr

DOWNLOAD

4 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

I'd suggest making it square. 

I like it how it is! There's nothing wrong with a round pie, as long as it's pixelated. Besides, Minecraft cakes cut a bit awkwardly anyway.

5 minutes ago, Draco63 said:

I like it how it is! There's nothing wrong with a round pie, as long as it's pixelated. Besides, Minecraft cakes cut a bit awkwardly anyway.

This just doesn't fit with minecraft. Minecraft isn't a voxel game, and this pie model is very voxelized and has a high surface count. It just doesn't match anything.

Here's a good reference to go off of when it comes to modeling round objects.

019-Modeling-Round-Shapes.png

Just now, Draco63 said:

Minecraft is literally a voxel game.

Minecraft does not use voxels to model blocks, entities, or items. The only way you can relate Minecraft to voxels is the shape of the blocks used to make it up. Minecraft is not a voxel game. 

57 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

This just doesn't fit with minecraft. Minecraft isn't a voxel game, and this pie model is very voxelized and has a high surface count. It just doesn't match anything.

Here's a good reference to go off of when it comes to modeling round objects.

019-Modeling-Round-Shapes.png

It really feels like you're nit-picking here, if I'm honest. I see nothing wrong with the model.

Edited by __Mine__

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Criticizing the entire structure of a model isn't nitpicking. And the thing wrong is exactly what he pointed out.

I've never seen either of you being this against a rig/model of this style before, despite hundreds of them existing. Some of which are much worse than this one.

You're acting like he made it out of cylinders or something. Calm down.

EDIT: Thanks for all the downvotes, you two... guess that's what I deserve for having another incorrect opinion, huh.

Edited by __Mine__

2 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

I've never seen either of you being this against a rig/model of this style before, despite hundreds of them existing. Some of which are much worse than this one.

You're acting like he made it out of cylinders or something. Calm down.

I'm not super against the model, all I've done is explain the flaws in your logic. And just because hundreds of them exist doesn't mean that any of them are fine.

Why would I need to calm down from anything? I've only replied to the topic twice ?

9red and forst not everyone follows the mc rules down to a key if we did their would be no bending. Now for clear problems while their is no problem making a model voxel It would look alot more appealing and alot more style consistent if u were to make it square.This is a asset that others would use so it would be better to follow the most common style! But! Thier is nothing wrong with making a voxel like pie if its fits your style! That being said while i personally would not use it some others might enjoy it here is a good model would like to see more from you in the future!But keep in mind that if your making these assets for public use to follow a style!

9 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

"you shouldn't criticize this because there are worst models out there" this is literally your argument.

Lord what had happened here? @TheRealMariobros1045, don’t worry, your pie model looks delicious! It’s just that not everyone agrees with your style, and sometimes it would be nice for you to use the square pattern, but whenever you feel you should make sometime ‘voxel’, don’t be afraid! Can’t believe this forum still is filled with such things and can’t leave it behind smh

4 hours ago, TheRealMariobros1045 said:

I've Been gone for Hours and I come back to a Mini Flame war....

and This is why I regret post crap most of the time...

Yeah, I think I'm just going to leave this conversation before it somehow gets worse ?

14 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

This just doesn't fit with minecraft. Minecraft isn't a voxel game

Minecraft's in-game pumpkin pie is round in the texture so your point makes no sense. Not everything has to be exactly minecraft, geez, let people explore some styles freely without nitpickings things like this. It's a good looking rig.
I'd rather use this rig than a square pumpkin pie ngl.

Imagine being so against one thing not precisely being in the Minecraft style that you bash on the work to the point of making the creator feel terrible and regret posting it, while additionally mass-downvoting everyone who even dares to disagree with your harshness.

No wonder people consider this community to be toxic. Hope you're real proud of yourselves.

Edited by __Mine__

What the heck is even going on here? Its absurd.

Voicing your opinion on a rig Is one thing, but some of you seem to saying he made it wrong

As if there's some sort of 'correct' way to make a pie in Mine-imator.

The guy made a rig, and if you don't like the way he made it get over it and move on with your life.

It's funny to see how a pie model generated a discusion 

in my personal opinion: using voxel like models in minecraft animations / renders is an artistic choise, but i understand the fact that it dosen't looks like a minecraft model, but it looks really nice as an item

(sorry if i didn't explain myself well, english it's not my main language)

Edited by SocialMediaAnimations