Motion Paths in Mine-imator

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So let's say you want to do a walk cycle in Mine-imator, but you also don't want to constantly be replaying your animation? What if we add in Motion Paths? It'll kind of be like SFM where you can see where an object is moving. You could be able to draw a line with something when you move it. Another thing about motion paths is that if a plain line gets confusing, you could change it's thickness while also having a 3D display option to help you with animating.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:50 PM, Alexomations said:

So let's say you want to do a walk cycle in Mine-imator, but you also don't want to constantly be replaying your animation? What if we add in Motion Paths? It'll kind of be like SFM where you can see where an object is moving. You could be able to draw a line with something when you move it. Another thing about motion paths is that if a plain line gets confusing, you could change it's thickness while also having a 3D display option to help you with animating.

That's what I Mean too!. 

I hope Mine Imator Engine can do this feature. 

We would need something like this.

Separate X Y Z and angle keyframes and interpolations for seamless movement. Trying to create a camera path manually as it stands that flows like that is not possible with the tools we have now. You could try to work around it in an awkward way by using folders and moving them to the right distance to rotate them and simulate a smooth curvature but it will not look proper anyway, plus trying to work with folders like that is a nice way to end up with an headache.

Edited by moniker