Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello! I've picked up Mine-Imator after again a number of years, and made something with it. I'm looking to improve, and felt it'd be best to post a creation I consider "finished", to get constructive criticism and learn from it- feel free to judge & give advice if you're able to, thanks!

Attempt 1 (10/18/20) - Used what I thought looked good:

Spoiler

I used 3 point lighting, with a minor yellow tinted light on the right (to match the eye color to our right)

CXFNRiL.png

Attempt 2 (10/18/20) - Used advice from users on the MI Discord, thanks!:

Spoiler

KV9RGC8.png

If you'd consider, please rate and critique the following:

- Posing: (1 to 10 rating)
- Expressions (1 to 10 rating)
- Lighting: (1 to 10 rating)
- Scenery (1 to 10 rating)
- Overall feedback /w anything else you feel you should say

Thank you to all those willing to help me improve!

Edited by kingnicolas27

Really nice work. 

I'd rate the posing an 8/10. It's a pretty nice pose. It does have it's flaws, but they're mostly nitpicky stuff.

The lighting is a 5/10 for me. I do think you did a pretty job. My only tips would be to make the ambient color a bit darker. The lighting looks a bit on the bland side, but it's not exactly bad. I also suggest trying to use bleed light(or whatever it's called) to make things a bit more interesting. If you are using bleed light though, I think you made your light sources a bit too extreme. I would turn their radius down but it's all up to you.

This last tip is a little nitpick but I wouldn't suggest making the background fully black. Personally, it's not appealing plus it makes things sort of hard to see. Specifically the pants though. I'd just go for a lighter color.

Overall, I think you did very nice for someone who hasn't used the program in years. I hope you'll continue using it and I hope to see more of your stuff son. Keep up the great work. I can see you have a lot of potential.