Can I post a rig or model with a texture in it that was edited off of a mc texture?

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 hour ago, Ethaniel said:

You mean you made a model when you could have just uploaded the texture to the character model already in MI?

No, I used a blaze texture to make a different texture, and I'm concerned about copyright, because I din't make the original texture

43 minutes ago, Riftjaw said:

No, I used a blaze texture to make a different texture, and I'm concerned about copyright, because I din't make the original texture

Well, as long as you don't sell your model it's fine.

No needs to give credits, just don't sell your model.

2 hours ago, Riftjaw said:

Soo... you're worried about copyright issues, for a texture you edited yourself, made for a program that is specifically and intentionally based off of the original thing the copyright is from?

If there were copyright issues for that, there would be copyright issues for resourcepacks, skins, and mods. 

And there aren't, so I think you're fine.

Yes, you can absolutely upload it here. Half the rigs posted here use Minecraft textures or variations of them.

If Microsoft cared about copyright in that regard they would have shut down custom Blender and C4D rigs years ago, along with Mine-imator itself.

5 hours ago, Rollo said:

Yes, you can absolutely upload it here. Half the rigs posted here use Minecraft textures or variations of them.

If Microsoft cared about copyright in that regard they would have shut down custom Blender and C4D rigs years ago, along with Mine-imator itself.

And that would ruin the community, of course they don't want to do that. Minecraft animation and songs are a big part of the Minecraft community.