Dev update #19: Taking Inventory

49 minutes ago, Randy11x said:

man this is sick
cant wait

(also im making fake rtx rn lmao)

it would be more epic if the camera shake is fixed too(i mean it shakes the rotation instead of position) and fog alpha glitch for transparent textures

We don't know yet how the fog will interact with transparent surfaces. This is a good question for the QnA in a few days. 

3 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

We don't know yet how the fog will interact with transparent surfaces. This is a good question for the QnA in a few days. 

The Q&A will only cover the UI changes, there's no Q&A session about the new rendering features planned.

4 hours ago, Randy11x said:

and fog alpha glitch for transparent textures

3 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

The Q&A is for questions concerning the new interface's implementation in Mine-imator. As for behavior concerning transparent objects, nothing has changed. Indirect lighting and volumetric fog/rays will not render behind transparent objects.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:27 PM, JDButter Animations said:

At this point, Mine Imator is gonna compete so much with other industry standard programs, Atleast in the case of Minecraft Creations.

With how easy it is to use, And how apparently we have Indirect Lighting, Which is basically Light Bouncing from what I can see. This program is actually getting more potential. More than I ever could've thought. Amazing job Nimi, Thank you for doing this.

Unfortunately, until the render alpha glitch is fixed you can't really compete. Something as basic as rendering a transparency throught depth of field, SSAO, tinted glasses.. none of this works. If this was fixed, the visual aspect would definitely be covered. Then we would just need more control over keyframe movements to easily create curved paths and so on instead of resorting to using folders, better performance (the FPS go down when you work on longer videos as keyframes stack up) and a lot of people would move from other programs into Mineimator if all they care about is just doing Minecraft content.

1 hour ago, KEJWII said:

Volumetric light its very good

Volumetric fog i dont know, very good

SSGI ... ??

That I agree. Indirect lighting is so existent in the real world. Now with that in MI, we won’t need extra spotlights or point-lights to lighten the dark parts anymore!

On 10/16/2020 at 10:04 PM, Draco63 said:

MI deserves to be an "official Mojang partner" as they put it. The time and effort put into this project (and the result!) are simply too much to go unnoticed by the creators of the thing that this was made for.

Yeah, if I was Mojang I would finance this and port it into a proper engine. With Mojang tier exposure fans would most likely make it profitable.

Nimi The developer of Mine-Imator have you ever thought of the coding that goes behind the keyframes? Well, I have a seriously good idea for the keyframes and how they are handled. Actually can you answer this first, how are the Keyframes handled in Mine-imator? And then answer this How can Mine-imator handle the keyframes differently to improve over all animation? Sorry lots of questions, But do you think you could recreate mine-imator in a different coding program? You could call it "Mine-imator pro" and it could be recreated in different programs I'll suggest some that could be used to recreate it Python, Unity, Unreal engine and Eclipse those are some programs I have tried out and I think the recreation of mine-imator would be fantastic! Thanks for reading this. ありがとごじますにとって読むているこれ。grasias para leerando ese. I speak 3 languages English, Spanish, and Japanese. 

Edited by Thekickassanimator

On 10/6/2020 at 4:19 AM, Nimi said:

banner.thumb.png.a7ece0a87207f786e1d294316b04959e.png

Hello everyone, and hope you're all doing well!

It's been a while since the last dev update, a lot of crazy stuff has been going on in the world since then. However despite the madness, I still found time to work on the next exciting update for Mine-imator! Not much progress has been since then, but I figured I would show off some things I've been working on. The renders featured in this dev update were made by @Keep on Chucking.

Volumetric fog

For those who have seen the last dev update, I showed off the new volumetric rays. Originally, I wanted to make the rays a proper volumetric fog with sunlight scattering through. After revisiting this feature this past Summer, I've upgraded them to a proper fog effect! This effect can be used alongside the default fog included in Mine-imator and there will be an option to switch back to the volumetric rays shown in the previous dev update.

Hide contents

1862095755_fogday.thumb.png.1729884f9797ae5bbf44576c15347b81.png

Volumetric fog during sunrise.

586706980_fognight.thumb.png.52bfccc1c0d08e44a20fc8529b009bf4.png

Volumetric fog during a night time scene lit by the background sun.

Soul fire lantern made by @Dr. Nexil.

Indirect lighting / SSGI

New shadows? Improved ambient lighting? There no way lighting can get any better.. can it?! It can. Introducing: Indirect lighting, a secret ingredient among many to making your lighting really pop in your scene by allowing direct lighting to be casted from bright objects automatically, and allowing light to bounce from objects directly lit by light sources and tint the surrounding area! This feature really brightens your scene up and makes lighting a lot easier to set up. However, due to being a screen space rendering technique, the effect will only work with lit objects that are visible to the camera.

Hide contents

539395726_noGI.thumb.png.f4ba7beef1386ba21e0031aef064f907.png

Scenery without indirect lighting.

GI.thumb.png.c01dab8f5627c535cccba7317ec3a80e.png

Scene with indirect lighting.

Inventory

After overhauling the rendering in Mine-imator, I'm now onto integrating the rebrand in Mine-imator. Inventory is the name @Voxy has decided on for the slick design language Modelbench uses and what Mine-imator will eventually receive in the next major update. This process will take a while, as Mine-imator's codebase is arguably bigger than Modelbench's. In the meantime, if you have any questions concerning the new interface, feel free to drop them below in the replies for Voxy to answer in an upcoming Q&A post!

That's all I've got to show for now unfortunately! While things may be moving at the pace of a snail, I'm afraid things won't speed up any time soon since I'm the only developer working on this update after all, and I have a part-time job and doing full-time college. However there's no need to fret, as Voxy and I are trying our best to make this the best update we can possibly (and reasonably) make it. Until next time, keep on animating. ;)

Oh, and of course, one last thing...

Hide contents

announcement.thumb.png.c8c67ef5603d0d3b27603653f0f4024f.png

Say hi to Mine-imator's mascot, Jonathan!

Do much Improve!

I like it!

Now i'ts Time To Prove That Mine-Imator Is Gettin Better,And Better Every months? Or Year?

BTW Is Awesome!

3 minutes ago, LacaMenDRY said:

Indirect lighting / SSGI

New shadows? Improved ambient lighting? There no way lighting can get any better.. can it?! It can. Introducing: Indirect lighting, a secret ingredient among many to making your lighting really pop in your scene by allowing direct lighting to be casted from bright objects automatically, and allowing light to bounce from objects directly lit by light sources and tint the surrounding area! This feature really brightens your scene up and makes lighting a lot easier to set up. However, due to being a screen space rendering technique, the effect will only work with lit objects that are visible to the camera.

Now It"s RTX ON!

We almost Here Boi!

I like That I keep Stayin MI!

Indirect lighting / SSGI

Now It"s RTX ON!

We almost Here Boi!

Indirect lighting / SSGI

Now It"s RTX ON!

We almost Here Boi!

1 hour ago, Aric Horn said:

Hey nimi this update is really awesome and love the features but we need one more feature before you release 1.3.0

yall need to have Rotation Features, its like a new bending and new Rotation ui because my friends for some reason don't like the old rotation features, yall gotta add that i hope you understand :)

I think it's not even a Problem with Rounded Rotation UI. Because it's a Rotation so It is a Rounded, not Slider. Because In circles UI, you can set at infinity numbers of rotation.