Change global illumination without changing the clouds

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I have some ideas that would require the scene going dark while the clouds position remains static, but there's no way that you can change the global illumination without moving the clouds at the same time (by changing the "Time" thing). There should be a way to detach global illumination from the clouds and sun position, perhaps with something you can keyframe within the background settings next to Time and Rotation, a checkbox that says "sync clouds and sun".

Edited by moniker

Just now, CaptainCat017 said:

What is global illumination, I clicked this topic hoping to learn something. Sorry if i'm bothering you.

global illumination is basically indirect lighting. So if a light bounces on the floor in an unlit room the light will be bouncing around, just how life reflects from objects in real life, what monocle is referring too I believe is just ambient color and not global illumination.

Just now, Keep on Chucking said:

global illumination is basically indirect lighting. So if a light bounces on the floor in an unlit room the light will be bouncing around, just how life reflects from objects in real life, what monocle is referring too I believe is just ambient color and not global illumination.

ah, I see. Thank you for the information.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, Keep on Chucking said:

Do you know what global illumination is?

Anyone reasonable would understand that I mean the lightning that changes while you change the position of the sun in Mineimator.

I tried changing the colors of the fog, sky, ambient etc, but can't seem to get a good result.

Edited by moniker