Welcome to the Nether VoxHel ?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

NxgrX5A.png

I made this manly because i wanted to test out my new face rig.

and plus, i updated the VoxHel OC.

I tried to make it look like a Blender render.

I wanted to make the flesh look like flesh a little bit idk.

H2SFGrt.png                                                                                                                                                           

xgLk8JT.png                                                                                     

@Mafa Animations Technically, Blender is still more advanced than MI. And it's rendering engine certainly is better, it uses raytracing to make it look super-realistic. MI was made to be easy to use and fun though, so you can't really say one is better than the other because they focus on different things.

Hmm...

unknown.png

Anyways, the thing that gives it away is the lack of any kind of shadows on your player. Try setting the shadow blur size to something real small like 11-15% if you haven't already, and scaling can help with messy SSAO and easier shadows.

Just noticed you used a bunch of spaces to centre-align your text instead of using the Align Centre button...

unknown.png

Your character has different lighting than the rest of the scene surrounding him, making it look like you slapped him onto a premade background.

Additionally, the scene's ground looks rather odd too. Something tells me you scaled up the scene and forgot to remove MI's ground? Also, is that Nether Gold Ore misaligned with the Nylium around it?

unknown.png

Just some nitpicks, I guess. The background lighting looks great, though.

Edited by __Mine__

3 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

Additionally, the scene's ground looks rather odd too. Something tells me you scaled up the scene and forgot to remove MI's ground? Also, is that Nether Gold Ore misaligned with the Nylium around it?

unknown.png

I actually didn't see this. I'm assuming he did scale now.

On 9/15/2020 at 6:38 AM, Draco63 said:

@Mafa Animations Technically, Blender is still more advanced than MI. And it's rendering engine certainly is better, it uses raytracing to make it look super-realistic. MI was made to be easy to use and fun though, so you can't really say one is better than the other because they focus on different things.

I know that already, I made this render just to showcase my character model and to show my new facial rig capability's, I'm not comparing Mine-imator to Blender in anyway! 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, 9redwoods said:

the thing that gives it away is the lack of any kind of shadows on your player.

I didn't want the render to look like a freaking, "masterpiece", i just wanted to make the character be the person in the spotlight, if you what know i mean... So i screwed up the lighting,

Oh i almost forgot, the background, I wanted to make the render more interesting, so i made a random background and slapped VoxHel on it. 

Edited by FOXY TOONS

14 hours ago, FOXY TOONS said:

I didn't want the render to look like a freaking, "masterpiece", i just wanted to make the character be the person in the spotlight, if you know i mean...

I don't know where you made the connection between the character being in the spotlight and the lack of shadows.

It's totally normal to change up lighting in an unrealistic way to make the subject the spotlight of the render. This is also done with framing, which is pretty much aced in this render, and is usually the easiest out of the two to accomplish. 

You seemed to take my observation as some sort of personal attack considering your pretty aggressive response. I suggest trying to respond to criticism in a more open mindset next time around. It'll help you out a lot. :thumbsup: