Mine-Imator Feature Recommendations

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello!

I am xTra, I had made a previous topic about these features that should be added.. But I am updating it.

My first feature that I would like to have in Mine-Imator is Onion Skinning

<> (See comments and ctrl f and search xtra, My comment explaining.. then his reply clearing it up) Click here to visit the link

Onion skinning, basically Where you see a semi-transparent ghost like image of the previous and next frame -@SharpWind

<> 

Be able to enable (or disable) your character to not go through walls. So you can sit your character perfectly without it going through the wall or staircase. this would also be easier for things such as walking, touching something, item holding, etc. 

I think if this was a button we could enable and disable to make characters become stiff, or rather not be able to go through stuff,  I think it could prove easier to animate body parts, like being smashed into the ground or walking- so it seems more realistic.

Edited by DreamWDB
Spelling & More Features

12 hours ago, Ian_The_One said:

why would you need onion skinning in mi of all programs?
plus you can see how your characters/objects were posed when you make the next keyframe.

I believe that onion skinning in Mine-Imator could prove useful for the beginners, who don't know how to animate quite well. Some people also have problems with keeping feet in the same place when animating. I know I am guilty of not being able to animate very well because the feet are not able to stay in the same place or be closer to that spot.. so anything I might animate looks iffy- I don't want that... but I also don't wanna go through all the extra trouble just to make it look good. Animating should be easy.. not hard. (Just my opinion, thank you for yours)

3 hours ago, RoboCreep11 said:

Audio scrubbing

I think that could be useful! Hopefully they add that soon. ?

On 8/31/2020 at 6:19 PM, DreamWDB said:

I believe that onion skinning in Mine-Imator could prove useful for the beginners, who don't know how to animate quite well. Some people also have problems with keeping feet in the same place when animating. I know I am guilty of not being able to animate very well because the feet are not able to stay in the same place or be closer to that spot.. so anything I might animate looks iffy- I don't want that... but I also don't wanna go through all the extra trouble just to make it look good. Animating should be easy.. not hard. (Just my opinion, thank you for yours)

I think that could be useful! Hopefully they add that soon. ?

I can't be the only one who puts his finger on his monitor to remember where the leg was in the previous keyframe

On 9/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, Keep on Chucking said:

I can't be the only one who puts his finger on his monitor to remember where the leg was in the previous keyframe

Same Man! I always do that! I think is just me will doing that, but everyone too? This is So Weird! 

I did one animation where character was standing up from sitting, and boy oh boy, it was a fight to dont get legs misplaced :sweat:. Had to keyframe every frame of the character position. But on the other hand i used only one folder so maybe it would be easier if i used more. * shrugs *