Inconsistencies with the refresh texture option

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It seems that the refresh texture option only works sporadically. On a new project, it only works on the default texture. On a project I've been working on, it doesn't work at all and I have to rename my sprite sheet every time I edit it so that Modelbench recognizes the new file. While it's not too big a deal, it would certainly be better if I could just refresh the texture in the first place.

I've always had the same thing happen to me. This happens also with the "Refresh textures on focus" option. Sometimes it refreshes the texture like it's supposed to, but sometimes it wont no matter how many times you re-focus on the window, and you just have to replace the texture with itself to update it.

47 minutes ago, Frost said:

I've always had the same thing happen to me. This happens also with the "Refresh textures on focus" option. Sometimes it refreshes the texture like it's supposed to, but sometimes it wont no matter how many times you re-focus on the window, and you just have to replace the texture with itself to update it.

Same here, except I've often found that replacing the texture with itself doesn't even work either. I end up having to move the texture to a different location, then replacing the texture with that. But then once the model is saved, it doesn't even create a copy of the texture at the same location as the .mimodel file, so when I import the model into MI, it ends up having no texture.

Annoying, to say the least... >:{

this happened to me on my good PC, but for some reason this doesn't happen at all on the trash pc that i'm currently using. might be another one of these "works on that computer but doesn't work on the other" type situations that mostly happen on indie games/programs

that's what's puzzling about this situation; sometimes the option works and sometimes it doesn't. when it doesn't, the program seems to "remember" the original file and use that texture even if the source file was modified since then. this requires one to, as other people have stated, either re-add the same file again or change the file name entirely

This same problem happens to me in all the models that I make in Modelbench.

Even with the option "Refresh textures on focus" the texture is not updated, the manual button to update the texture does not work either. I have to create new files for the texture to update, and it really is chaos to create more sprites just to see the changes.