Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Pretty self explanatory, this together with the sword i made before was my first experience with MB.

Spoiler

KOLJ2g4.pngKOLJ2g4.png

It's not 100%, still very basic. I haven't added the cape and the left hand yet. 
But I do have the designs already (since this is basically a remake from the one i made on C4D).

2 hours ago, ShotU said:

atleast make the skin the same pixel size as the hair and cloak

ahh my skin is actually a 128 skin and the jacket but with a 64 shading (because i don't really know how  to do it) while my hair is 256 pixels each. it's 128 just for some small details such as the cuts on clothing and stuff.

the cloak will probably have the same pixels with the hair. Though why would i make the main skin into the same pixel size as the hair when there isn't really anything else to add? It;ll just lag my modelbench for no reason. 

Edited by MihalYK

4 hours ago, MihalYK said:

yeah, i like my oc more stylized than staying true to minecraft style. pixels consistency doesn't really bother me lol

it's not about the pixel size being the same as mc it's about sticking to one pixel size u got like 4 different pixel size on the same rig

20 minutes ago, DragonPixel said:

it's not about the pixel size being the same as mc it's about sticking to one pixel size u got like 4 different pixel size on the same rig

that's correct, there's actually 2, 128 for the skin and 256 for the hair and hat.
Yeah i know i'm not sticking to just one pixel size for the rig.

Edited by MihalYK
a slight misspelling

4 hours ago, MihalYK said:

that's correct, there's actually 2, 128 for the skin and 256 for the hair and hat.

It looks ugly like this. At least lower the hair resolution.

4 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

It looks ugly like this. At least lower the hair resolution.

Ohh that's a good idea, i'll try that. Man why didn't think about this lol.
I'll either edit or just reply again for the picture.

22 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

I literally see at least four different pixel sizes on this one rig.

9 hours ago, MihalYK said:

I'm serious, there's only 2 pixel size 256 and 128

even the eyes are 128.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Nexil said:

Why is everybody freaking out about pixel inconsistency? Usually yeah it looks bad but in this instance I think it looks fine.

That's why I'm not concerned about it, because i think it looks fine already (though i did the hair with the intention for an unkempt long hair)

Edited by MihalYK
misspelled again

31 minutes ago, Dr. Nexil said:

Why is everybody freaking out about pixel inconsistency? Usually yeah it looks bad but in this instance I think it looks fine.

I'm actually okay with a bit of pixel inconsistency. My Cursed Creepers even have some lol

However, the more pixel inconsistency you add to a rig/model, the more you risk it looking out-of-place when placed with other rigs or models.

Edited by __Mine__

1 minute ago, __Mine__ said:

I'm actually okay with a bit of pixel inconsistency. My Cursed Creepers even have some.

However, the more pixel inconsistency you add to a rig/model, the more you risk it looking out-of-place when placed with other rigs or models.

That is indeed true, i realized it since I'm currently making a render with my friends rig.
But I'm not that really that concerned about it, It probably come across as "Hey that rig looks like this guy style of rig" or something to my friends. 

I'm fine with looking very different on a render with others, I'm just making it since i love messing around with many things.

I'm already planning to remake this, abandoning the Gradient Shading while upping the details on the base skin.
Missing things are :Belts, pockets, white shirt with a black necktie, A left arm, a dracula like cloak, and probably more cuts, If i have the patience maybe a gauntlet on the right arm.

Though I'm currectly working at something else, until then this is on hold.

Also do you think i should keep it with the corner extrude? or make the extrusions meet up (like in c4d or blender extrude)?

Edited by MihalYK
Bottom line