Character silhouette?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I'm attempting to 'recreate' a part of a fad music video, and one part includes Chi.ca's silhouette standing in a hallway looking at the camera. I've attempted using spot lights and point lights to achieve the effect however it never creates a silhouette of the character, and just shines that light onto the characters back. Does anyone know how to achieve the effect?

Video Reference:

LhkSC4x.png

My Attempt:
7x3jXof.pngFQXfInF.png

Edited by xX_Maya_x

4 answers to this question

Silhouette is just a bright background without any lights on the character, the reference image has a really narrow field of vision so the background looks closer than it actually is, if you use this effect you can light up the background as much as you need since the character wouldn't even be near the light sources. for an added bonus, turn down the ambient color to black.

Edit:

As long as there are lights behind the subject and none pointed at the subject  from the same angle as the camera's, you'll be fine
here's my attempt, 3 spotlight setup, 2 on the background, one on the side of the character for outline.

191c84f1946b8157b46b6899d3b0e735.png

Edited by Mafa Animations

56 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

put spotlights a bit on the side. if you're too lazy to do that though, you can just tick on bleed light

1 hour ago, Mafa Animations said:

Silhouette is just a bright background without any lights on the character, the reference image has a really narrow field of vision so the background looks closer than it actually is, if you use this effect you can light up the background as much as you need since the character wouldn't even be near the light sources. for an added bonus, turn down the ambient color to black.

Edit:

As long as there are lights behind the subject and none pointed at the subject  from the same angle as the camera's, you'll be fine
here's my attempt, 3 spotlight setup, 2 on the background, one on the side of the character for outline.

191c84f1946b8157b46b6899d3b0e735.png

Sorry for the late reply but thank you both! <3