Point light reaches far away places

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi people.

I have a problem. I'm creating a night scenary and I put some point lights but these reaches far away places, the lights have a range of 100.

The first image shows what I'm descripting. The light is in blue circle, the reached places are in red circles, and I don't want this. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CEP5cnx4osuMmfvy9

The second image shows other perspective, I put the camera on the place that was reached by the light. Same, those places are in red circles, and the light in the blue, the green circle is the place where the camera was. From this perspective the light doesn't reach at the red circle places.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uTTDhMwXLBp3aBBz5

What is the problem? Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

I appreciate your time, thanks.

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, moniker said:

When there's lights the trees leaves look to crisp. I can't seem to find a solution. Hopefully Nimi fix this.

I've never encountered this bug. Could you send some screenshots in the respective topic?

On 7/16/2020 at 5:50 PM, 9redwoods said:

I've never encountered this bug. Could you send some screenshots in the respective topic?

The other user posted pics. The render basically is broken, it ignores texture filtering, and moving one rendering value in a piece of schematic lights up blocks on top of the trees from other schematic. It's all a big mess. I'll get pics later.

Edited by moniker

I actually fixed this in 1.3.0 during development and back-ported the fix for 1.2.7. I thought nothing of it when porting the one line of code that fixes it but I guess because Mine-imator 1.2.7 uses a different GameMaker version, it must've done nothing. I can confirm that this will be fixed when 1.3.0 releases; 

image.png