Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, I've been messing around in Mine-Imator and Modelbench for a while now, and I had a pretty good idea for a new feature for Modelbench.

My idea is this: the ability to change the position, rotation, scale of the different faces of a cube. For example, you could set the top face's scale to 0x,0y,0z and the perpendicular faces would morph into triangles and make a pyramid. Or you could set the top face to be 5 units to the side and make a 3D rhombus. An alternative idea I had was that users could, instead of modifying the whole face, could modify any of the 8 vertices of the cube to achieve something similar while also giving a lot more freedom in the amount of wacky shapes one could make.

As for how the textures would react, perhaps the users could choose for the textures to either remain the same (i.e. on a created pyramid, the textures would clip off the sides of the face) or warp to the face's shape.

I don't know how difficult this would be to code in, but I hope it's not too difficult. If you read this far, thanks for reading!

53 minutes ago, insanehelix7076 said:

wrong sub forum this should have been in suggestions

The Suggestions subforum is under Mine-imator, whereas this topic is for Modelbench. There's no subforum dedicated to Modelbench suggestions, just a general Modelbench discussion subforum, so it stays here.