Jump to content
SharpWind

Wizard Wars Wallpaper

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 9redwoods said:

I like what you did with the rim light. I just think it looks like a generic thumbnail. The facial expression looks very dull.

And the centered eyes are just horrible tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the visuals are a bit overdone here, it's very hard to make out what's going on in the scene.
There's a massive clash in resolutions with that magic disc thing, it's way too HD.
Also, the centred eyes makes his facial expression look derpy. A good rule to follow is that the eyes should always be focusing towards something, even if it's off-screen.

Good use of Light Bleed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it looks like u used the brightness thing in camera effects ether that or u selected the character in pdn and used the gradient tool on it : / I like the ider tho 

Edited by DragonPixel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Rollo said:

Not sure why everyone's so harsh on this, I think it looks fine.

me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SoundsDotZip said:

And the centered eyes are just horrible tbh.

Assuming you never look straight ahead?🤔
Especially in the middle of casting a spell at a target infront of you?
I agree it looks bad on most wallpapers, but there are cases where it makes sense

18 hours ago, DragonPixel said:

it looks like u used the brightness thing in camera effects ether that or u selected the character in pdn and used the gradient tool on it : / I like the ider tho 

neither of those, really.
spotlights, glowing textures and photoshop

2 hours ago, Rabbitman said:

will there be a wizard collab?

m a y b e .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

Assuming you never look straight ahead?🤔
Especially in the middle of casting a spell at a target infront of you?
I agree it looks bad on most wallpapers, but there are cases where it makes sense

He's not talking about how the character is looking forward, but how the eye rig's pupils are both in the center of the eye by default, which, as he said, looks derpy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SharpWind said:

Assuming you never look straight ahead?🤔
Especially in the middle of casting a spell at a target infront of you?
I agree it looks bad on most wallpapers, but there are cases where it makes sense

Yeah, there's a reason why it looks bad in most, if not all scenarios.
When the eyes are perfectly centred, they're not focusing on anything at all and makes the expression look derpy or "dead inside" as a result. There are no cases where this makes sense, in my opinion.

Even if looking at an object straight ahead, it's just good practice to move the eyes inward a little. Doing this makes the expression look more lively, and additionally doesn't imply that you forgot to move them from their default position, like most newbies do when using rigs.
Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, Frost said:

... which, as he said, looks derpy.

Just letting you know, it was me who said that, not SoundsDotZip lol

Edited by __Mine__

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, Frost said:

He's not talking about how the character is looking forward, but how the eye rig's pupils are both in the center of the eye by default, which, as he said, looks derpy.

That's what i'm talking about. It makes no sense for him to be looking anywhere else; he's casting a spell at a moving target in the middle of a battle.
I get that it looks appealing for the pupils to wander around, but it makes much more sense for them to be paying attention

On 6/30/2020 at 5:14 PM, __Mine__ said:

Yeah, there's a reason why it looks bad in most, if not all scenarios.

The funny thing is, you can barely even see the other pupil, and the impression isn't reall there. It honestly feels like nit-picking a senseless detail (when it makes sense with the circumstances as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharpWind said:

The funny thing is, you can barely even see the other pupil, and the impression isn't reall there. It honestly feels like nit-picking a senseless detail (when it makes sense with the circumstances as well)

The funny thing is, it's not nit-picking at all, and I'm not sure how you can call it a "senseless detail" considering the fact it's the facial expression of the only visible character and subject of the scene.
Such a detail is very noticeable if it looks odd, especially given that multiple people have pointed out this exact thing now. It's not just me, you know.
This is much less "others nit-picking", but instead "you refusing to acknowledge a problem others are pointing out to you".

Sorry if I'm coming across as harsh, it's not my intention... but we're trying to help you here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried changing the position of the pupils in GIMP and I think I did a pretty good job.

Disclaimer: This isn't my render, SharpWind made it, I just edited the pupils's positions! (I know I probably don't need a disclaimer, but still, I didn't do this to get credited for it)

SharpRenderFixedLmao.png

Edited by SoundsDotZip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SharpWind said:

The funny thing is, you can barely even see the other pupil, and the impression isn't reall there.

I can see it and It's bothering me and It can make or break a wallpaper a petty thing sure but that's my opinion, now this may sound very crazy and mind blowing to you Sharpwind but take a look at @SoundsDotZip's little edit on the pupils, I'll show you a side by side comparison so you'd be able to understand it a little more easily.

Sharpwind -  eyes.png SoundsDotZip - eysss.png

I'll get straight to the point, SoundDotZip's edit gives off more emotion, yours doesn't at least not as much and at the end of the day that's what you want when you're making a wallpaper with a human as Its own subject, and It's also not nit-picking.

 

You're a cool guy but you honestly get over defensive at times and refuse to take any type of criticism.

 

Again, this is only my opinion I know if I don't state this some tough guy will misunderstand this and take it as an offense and go ballistic on my existence.

 

Edited by HeYoNia
Cleaner the better, also added additional things because I'm a good person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, HeYoNia said:

I can see it and It's bothering me and It can make or break a wallpaper a petty thing sure but that's my opinion, now this may sound very crazy and mind blowing to you Sharpwind but take a look at @SoundsDotZip's little edit on the pupils, I'll show you a side by side comparison so you'd be able to understand it a little more easily.

honestly, i find @SoundsDotZip's edit disturbing. It looks like the character has a lazy eye and almost feels disabled (no offense). I'm not a fan of eyes being closer thogether than the width of the center of the eyes (maybe a tiny bit). In the original one, the character feels more mature and has more of a thought process behind him, the second one just feels like a child character trying to appear edgy
That's just my opinion though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...