Wizard Wars Wallpaper

On 7/12/2020 at 6:35 AM, SharpWind said:

It looks like the character has a lazy eye and almost feels disabled (no offense). I'm not a fan of eyes being closer thogether than the width of the center of the eyes (maybe a tiny bit). In the original one, the character feels more mature and has more of a thought process behind him, the second one just feels like a child character trying to appear edgy
That's just my opinion though

and in the original picture, it looks like the character has 2 lazy eyes. in the original one, the character feels like he's looking at the void thinking about his mistakes and thinking about the accident that made his eyes like that, the second one just feels like a person with not much eye problems 

please stop making blatant excuses to avoid criticism though, it's really annoying, especially when you criticize other people and they take it into consideration, while you're just there ridiculizing yourself when people criticize your content. it's also funny how you've never said anything like that to other renders that have eyes like how soundsdotzip made them.

Edited by Cubic Ralsei

On 7/14/2020 at 1:31 AM, Cubic Ralsei said:

please stop making blatant excuses to avoid criticism though, it's really annoying, especially when you criticize other people and they take it into consideration, while you're just there ridiculizing yourself when people criticize your content. it's also funny how you've never said anything like that to other renders that have eyes like how soundsdotzip made them.

The problem with the community is not understanding styles and preferences. Everyone is the smartest person in the room and half of people will stand against your argument, while the other half will support you, all in all the other half will always remain stupid. The thing about eyes is more than obviously just a personal preference and I never gave my opinion on it, because i honestly don't care what you guys do with your renders, unlike me, who got "attacked" for using my style. I never liked it, but it doesn't mean I should speak up about it if it's uncalled for.

I know some people prefer the eyes closer, and i also know a lot of people who don't. Again, it's a style of personal preference, not neglating critisism. I'm sorry if you feel this way, but i'm not trying to stand above anybody in this argument. I'm stating my preferences and defending my style. Some people like it, some dont.

There's nothing you can do about that, but there is absolutely no call for getting aggressive, calling anybody out or pointing the finger here.

You've mentioned that I critisize people, and i'm assuming you're pointing at my SYSTM series, which is true. However, the people who submit their work are literally asking for critisism on my behalf, from my perspective and my preferences. I always acknowledge styles, I say i personally dislike it, but it's alright to push your own thing - feel free to watch the series if you need solid evidence. In case anyone gets offended by my critisism or finds it unfair, we've had a few cased where we calmly resolved everything in the comment section of the video. Nobody has ever left unsatisfied from my series, except people who have never watched it and assumed I'm the world's biggest jackass, spitting on other's hard work.

It's obvious that in this argument, a lot of stuff thrown around is connected to personal frustrations, and it's already gone way too far over something like "eye preferences". No style is objectively better than the other, but as soon as you start forcing yours onto others, that's where it's wrong.
Animation isn't a competition, it's a form of art, creation and expression. Arguing about 'who is better' is completely pointless and I long for the day when the community can step thogether and encourage eachother on their work.

12 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

unlike me, who got "attacked" for using my style.

12 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

There's nothing you can do about that, but there is absolutely no call for getting aggressive, calling anybody out or pointing the finger here.

Nobody got aggressive or "attacked you" this is a place where people can criticize the things you post, this isn't about "style", nobody said your style was better or worse than another style, its about posing stop trying to make it into a "style argument".

Stop trying to win an argument you already lost, just let this conversation die, move on.

Edited by Ian_The_One

9 minutes ago, Ian_The_One said:

Nobody got aggressive or "attacked you" this is a place where people can criticize the things you post, this isn't about "style", nobody said your style was better or worse than another style, its about posing stop trying to make it into a "style argument".

Stop trying to win an argument you already lost, just let this conversation die, move on.

alright bud, you do you

36 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

Everyone is the smartest person in the room and half of people will stand against your argument, while the other half will support you, all in all the other half will always remain stupid.

Calling everyone who disagrees with your preference "stupid" is not going to get your argument across very well, just saying. No-one even insulted you, so why do you feel the need to say this?

... unlike me, who got "attacked" for using my style.

You didn't get "attacked", people simply gave their criticism on the render, like they do with any other render, and it just so happened that it was more directed towards the facial expression than anything else. You're just being over-defensive and taking it as a personal attack instead of the simple criticism it actually is.

I'm sorry if you feel this way, but i'm not trying to stand above anybody in this argument.

You absolutely are.

There's nothing you can do about that, but there is absolutely no call for getting aggressive ...

Given the way you're reacting to everyone here, I'd argue you're the aggressive one here.

It's obvious that in this argument, a lot of stuff thrown around is connected to personal frustrations

Again, it's not connected to "personal frustrations" whatsoever, it's just simple criticism that just so happened to be focused on one thing. This sort of thing happens to everyone, not just you.
People criticise others' work. That's how the forum works.

Animation isn't a competition ...

...unless you make it into one.
Also, this is a render, not an animation, so I have absolutely no idea why you're bringing up this irrelevant point.

and I long for the day when the community can step thogether and encourage eachother on their work.

Practice what you preach. I've literally never seen you doing this on the forums whatsoever.

Edited by __Mine__

To clarify things, I don't have any issues with critisism; you think the eyes are too far apart and centered? Alright, thank you for your input, but i prefer my style and i personally feel like what i've done looks better. It's my wallpaper, and i like it better this way. Nothing wrong with that.

What i do have a problem with, is how the "critisism" was addressed.
The first ever comment said "honestly, that just looks horrible". There's a lot of healthier alternatives to get the message across. "i feel like ...", "i think that .."
Please don't bash me for getting defensive, while the comments were directed to begin with.
From then, the situation just escalated and this whole thing went too far.

45 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

The first ever comment said "honestly, that just looks horrible". There's a lot of healthier alternatives to get the message across. "i feel like ...", "i think that .."

My comment was never bashing your work. I started with a positive and listed a couple negative thoughts I had. I can still like a wallpaper even if I choose to list what I dislike. This whole thing escalated because you chose to be defensive, and now you're blatantly putting words into people's mouths.

Now, I've said nothing about the eye problem since then. I agree that everybody has styles, but your "style" is disagreed with by the masses. Even professional animators who make their living off Minecraft animation will tell you the eyes look extremely dead.

All in all, I don't care what you do with the eyes, but criticism is all opinion, and calling it an attack sounds very ignorant.

1 minute ago, 9redwoods said:

My comment was never bashing your work. I started with a positive and listed a couple negative thoughts I had. I can still like a wallpaper even if I choose to list what I dislike. This whole thing escalated because you chose to be defensive, and now you're blatantly putting words into people's mouths.

I never said anything about your comments, personally. I've said nothing about the rest of the comments, because they were either constructive or i could generally spet on their side and accept their point.
The comment about the eyes had neither of that, so i agree that i've replied in a defensive matter, my bad on that.

That's where it all began.

Just now, DragonPixel said:

it's literally the fist comment 

I've replied to it, while i haven't replied to the rest of them
i've left my first reply after a few hours, when a bunch of comments have piled up already

Just now, Ethaniel said:

Claiming something is your style does not invalidate criticism. A style can be bad.

And right there is a thin line where people turn toxic. Sadly, there's absolutely nothing i can do about that, as anybody can claim something as a "style".
But in terms of my eyes, humans don't naturally center their eyes closer to their nose, so it makes sense that my eyes are more centered. I'm also by far not the only one who does it that way, so it can easily be "classified" as a style

Just now, SharpWind said:

And right there is a thin line where people turn toxic. Sadly, there's absolutely nothing i can do about that, as anybody can claim something as a "style".
But in terms of my eyes, humans don't naturally center their eyes closer to their nose, so it makes sense that my eyes are more centered. I'm also by far not the only one who does it that way, so it can easily be "classified" as a style

It's a bad style lol

Just now, Ethaniel said:

It's a bad style lol

Personal preferences. 
Everybody has got their own. I personally feel like the enclosed eyes look awful, but it doesn't give me the right to trash it.
You're allowed to have preferences, but you're not allowed to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with you

Just now, Ian_The_One said:

You seem like the toxic one in this situation

Honestly it feels like this thread is nothing but senseless arguing at this point.
I'm trying to make this right, i've admitted my excessive defensiveness and i aproove of your styles.
I'm simply asking you all to stop pushing your preferred style onto mine

Am i really toxic?

6 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

Personal preferences. 
Everybody has got their own. I personally feel like the enclosed eyes look awful, but it doesn't give me the right to trash it.
You're allowed to have preferences, but you're not allowed to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with you

That totally gives you the right to criticize it. I think the biggest issue is how small the pupils are, if they were bigger they probably wouldn't look so dead. He doesn't really look like he's looking forward to be honest, I think both eyes slightly moved away from the camera would make it look much more like he's looking straight. 

But what do I know, you're just gonna brush this off as an attack or something and dodge any actual responsibly. I know it's hard to accept something you made may not be perfect but look deep down and see that literally everyone here has been trying to help.

Edited by Ethaniel

2 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

Am i really toxic?

Personally I would say you're misguided by your fanbase. 

I respect you acknowledged others' points and apologized for being too defensive. There's nothing else to clear up, and I have nothing left to add to the table, so it's lurking from here on out. 

1 minute ago, Ethaniel said:

But what do I know, you're just gonna brush this off as an attack or something and dodge and actually responsibly. I know it's hard to accept something you made may not be perfect but look deep down and see that literally everyone here has been trying to help.

You're getting it wrong.
There's a difference between "honestly, this looks horrible" and "I think the biggest issue is the eyes".

The first one is directed and aggressive, while i can completely respect the second assessment.
But as i've said before, thank you for your input, but i personally prefer the original. I agree the pupils are a bit small, but I really dont feel the need to put them closer thogether.

6 minutes ago, SharpWind said:

look sharp I like u, u have made some pretty dissent stuff in the past and your videos have given a good laugh but dude for some who has a enter series dedicated to giving people feed back on there work u seem not be taking criticism well even when u have given some of this advise to people is said series 

2 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

Personally I would say you're misguided by your fanbase. 

What makes you think so?

I'm not looking for praise, i just dont like how entitled and agressive the critisim from the forums can come off sometimes
can you elaborate?

1 minute ago, SharpWind said:

You're getting it wrong.
There's a difference between "honestly, this looks horrible" and "I think the biggest issue is the eyes".

The first one is directed and aggressive, while i can completely respect the second assessment.
But as i've said before, thank you for your input, but i personally prefer the original. I agree the pupils are a bit small, but I really dont feel the need to put them closer thogether.

no one ever said "honestly, this looks horrible" 

Just now, DragonPixel said:

look sharp I like u, u have made some pretty dissent stuff in the past and your videos have given a good laugh but dude for some who has a enter series dedicated to giving people feed back on there work u seem not be taking criticism well even when u have given some of this advise to people is said series 

I appreciate the tone here
But i think you should read the conversation here.

It's not about the critisism, but the tone how it comes off

Just now, Floofy said:

no one ever said "honestly, this looks horrible" 

Yes, yes they have
Read again